Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jan 7, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #271 of 14,627

Surely Fang and other members of the company and perhaps even their friends may already have a good idea of what the pricing will be, they are just not confirming anything publicly yet. It's not like its a conspiracy theory or anything. The source he is referring to may even be Dr. Fang for all we know. 

Indeed. It's pretty naive to think that Fang et al don't know the exact pricing. They simply don't want to make it official and public at this point.

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #273 of 14,627
  That amp and power unit are massive! Damn, kinda wish I was in Vegas right about now. @Stillhart better get to that booth!

Maybe I'll hit up their room at the Venetian first thing instead of heading to the show floor.  I should be there bright and early.

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #274 of 14,627
  That amp and power unit are massive! Damn, kinda wish I was in Vegas right about now. @Stillhart better get to that booth!

FYI, HifiMan is at the 30th Floor at the Venetian  (HE-1000 and EF-1000 there).   They are also in South Hall (with HE-1000 and EF-6 there),  but it's so loud in South Hall. 

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #275 of 14,627
This may seem like a silly question but this is an electrostat headphone but which jack does it use? It doesnt use the ones Stax uses right? I truly hope so. Makes it more flexible when it comes to amp matching

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #277 of 14,627
  This may seem like a silly question but this is an electrostat headphone but which jack does it use? It doesnt use the ones Stax uses right? I truly hope so. Makes it more flexible when it comes to amp matching

It's a planar magnetic and from the video a page back it looks like they have both balanced 4-pin XLR and a SE... From the video it looks like two people with each an HE1000 on the same amp. Unless I'm wrong?

That's what I would do, straight to HF. Man, how spread out is this event?

Maybe I'll hit up their room at the Venetian first thing instead of heading to the show floor.  I should be there bright and early.

FYI, HifiMan is at the 30th Floor at the Venetian  (HE-1000 and EF-1000 there).   They are also in South Hall (with HE-1000 and EF-6 there),  but it's so loud in South Hall. 

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #278 of 14,627
  If the hp's are a somewhat spendy, I'd be okay with that. But I don't want to have to go out and buy a top of the line amp to perform well.

That's just silly talk. Get out of here and don't come back until you have a pair of monoblocks and gold bling interconnects!

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #280 of 14,627
The WA-234 is priced per pair, so that's *only* $15.9k. I can save the rest to make... *calculates*... thirty one mortgage payments
blink.gif

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #285 of 14,627
If HiFiman sells this combo for 10K+, they are making a huge mistake (or not, it seems ripping off people in hifi industry works pretty well so far.)

I heard the headphones (impression posted on other place) on CES, and the combo does not deserve five digits price tag.  It is just slightly better than LCD-X overall.

If I were to spend that much money, I'd rather spend on Stax rig.... and I am one of few people who do not like estat sound at all.

Overall this is a very good headphone, 'maybe' worth for paying 3k+ for the headphone alone, but not more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back