Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jan 7, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #241 of 14,653
Its funny how everytime I think to myself "The HE-400 is good enought for me" (and it is something i do btw), Somebosy like Fang thinks "lol, wait a sec" and comes out with anotehr better HP.

I have to say thou that I compared the HE-400 vs LCD 2, Senn HD700, AKG 701 and a few others... and I never really noticed an improvement as prominent as the one I noticed with the HE-400 after the Senn 380 Pro.
Im unsure if it is the plannar technology or something else, but till today I never really wanted a new Hp as much as I loved the HE-400.
I hope the HE1000 comes out soon so I can test it in Poland... so add 5 more months minimum after release.

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #243 of 14,653
Subbed..ofcourse!@!!
Wow.
.could thhis be the phone bettering my code-x in musicality??
Anyone knows yet what new connectors they use now????

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #244 of 14,653
Funnily enough my local brick and mortar audio store has only Hifiman and Grado headphones, so I have an actual chance of auditioning these (unless they turn out to be ultra expensive.) If only they could get the model too... 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #245 of 14,653
  Funnily enough my local brick and mortar audio store has only Hifiman and Grado headphones, so I have an actual chance of auditioning these (unless they turn out to be ultra expensive.) If only they could get the model too... 
rolleyes.gif

Well Hifiman is distributed by Tur-Pex which would send anything you want for testing in a heartbeat to local store or even home..
wink.gif
 I'm 100% sure they will jump on HE-1000 as soon as it's available.

Anyway, I've learned my lesson, I'm not going to buy a single Hifiman without taking my measurement rig to the local store to verify there's no imbalance or rattles. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #246 of 14,653
I like my 560 and 500 a lot, but I still think Audeze is best in the mag-planar world, and I generally turn to my LCD3F for the best sonics. Audeze images are a little thicker and have more substance, which is important to me. I was listening to Rod Stewart last night and the Audeze had his vocals just about perfectly natural and just so musical, and the bass was profound without boom or much hangover. 
Stax still has the tightest bass and the most detail though, but for overall musical satisfaction, I turn to Audeze. 
Hifiman needs to round out the images a little more to make it to the top of the mag-planar league for me. Here's hoping that the 1000 does that.

Jan 7, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #247 of 14,653
the appearance of the final version of HEK and EFK is going to be more luxury and the price is confirmed above 10K (2/3 amp,1/3 phone),it is probably to be a limited run like Orpheus.The successor of HE-6 is going to have the same technology as HEK 

Jan 7, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #248 of 14,653
  the appearance of the final version of HEK and EFK is going to be more luxury and the price is confirmed above 10K (2/3 amp,1/3 phone),it is probably to be a limited run like Orpheus.The successor of HE-6 is going to have the same technology as HEK 

If there is a different successor to the HE-6 in the works, then I could believe the HEK is a We're-Showing-Off/Boutique item, and would be priced accordingly.  Assuming that's true, I wonder what elements of the HEK will trickle down (unanswerable by us plebes, atm, given the lack of details) - new connectors perhaps, hopefully - and I wonder what the model number of the HE-6 replacement will be.  HE-600?  That would make for lots of annoying or amusing typos, esp. when comparing to the venerable HD 600s.  Oh yeah, and the price.  If they want to stay competitive, and keep it close to the HE-6, I'd guess $1500 - $1800, leaning toward the low end.

Jan 7, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #249 of 14,653

Link your source for this info? Otherwise we can't exactly believe it.

Jan 7, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #250 of 14,653

Interesting. Someone else claimed the exact opposite on the other HE-1000 thread, here in post #230

Jan 7, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #253 of 14,653
just like my monkey friend i am also very very very curious about ur infoand where u got it...no need to be mysterious about it..we are among friends...not one of us is from the kgb, cia, fbi, or any omnimous secretly service ...hehehehe

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #254 of 14,653
it's a solid source

if the ceo of hifiman says the pricing is not yet determined... and you say 10k for the combo based on a solid source...

idunno what source is more solid than dr. fang.

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #255 of 14,653
if the ceo of hifiman says the pricing is not yet determined... and you say 10k for the combo based on a solid source...

idunno what source is more solid than dr. fang.

Maybe thinker is the mastermind behind Hifiman, Fang is just a fall guy 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back