Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jan 7, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #286 of 14,673

Where can I get a $500pm mortgage payment?

Bi-weekly, so closer to $1k a month, but still I can't complain about owning a home with a 2.4% mortage rate. Older homes here in still decent neighbourhoods can be had for maybe $200-250/sq.ft. Bigger houses can easily multiply that though.

It's possible to still get a house for $500/month here, but it might be a little sketchy.

Where it is twenty below zero centigrade. Still interested?

Well it *did* warm up a little bit today. Windchills the last couple days had us down to -40 (it's the same in F or C; you know it's bad when it's so cold the math doesn't care anymore)

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #287 of 14,673
  10K plus headphones are a terrible sign for the future of this hobby.
I hope nobody follows with other uber expensive headphones.
Imagine a world where all the flagships cans were above 10K. 
I would be out for good! The worst news ever! 
frown.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif

that is of course if its true...... 
popcorn.gif

It's not all bad.  Sometimes this kid of product is needed to progress R&D.  

If this really is time consuming and low yield headphone then it kind of has to be super expensive otherwise HifiMan would be crazy to work longer hours to make less money, especially when their existing products are selling strongly.

Hey, if its way too expensive then less people will buy, and HifiMan will waste less time making them and focus on price/performance products.

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #288 of 14,673
Just spent some time with the HE-1000.  Very impressed.  So very fast, even more comfortable than the HE-560, and the styling is stunning.  Dr. Fang Bian has raised the bar yet again.

Here's a quick panning video of it for you all to enjoy.

Ridiculously large.......If they beat my HE-6 I guess they can look like that........

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #289 of 14,673
Definitely very comfy and sound is great. 10k defiantly isn't confirmed just rumours

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #290 of 14,673

That's what I would do, straight to HF. Man, how spread out is this event?

It's really spread out.  One day might get me thought all the headphone stuff, but I'll have to forego all the other tech.  Somehow I hope to survive.

BTW, Meridian also has a room on the 30th floor of the Venetian and they'll have the EL-8 there.  Apparently Chord will also be demoing the EL-8.  This is gonna be fun.  :-D

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #291 of 14,673

In the U.S. they need to draft (ha!) some football players (college, if not NFL) to model them.  And I'm not talking the handsome guys... so, any ol' linebacker will do .... cue @Wildcatsare1 
biggrin.gif

not only will the HEKs look normal, but on those mugs they'll be absolutely RADIANT    
wink.gif

Where do I sign up, I am ready for my close up Mr. Demile, er...Thurston, on my ugly mug two Progresso Cans stopped together with a fan belt would look great!!!!!!!

Jan 8, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #292 of 14,673
From the german site:

http://www.open-end-music.de/vb3/showpost.php?p=175877&postcount=44

The poster is indeed the german importer of the HifiManproducts.  He claims that the HE-1000 makes electrostats sound like they're defective.  It's not the follower of the HE-6 but a statement product, will initially only be sold in combo with the amp (50 W, class A) and the price will be in the 5 digit range. The design will still undergo changes as at the moment they used the housing for a planned electrostatic headphone they were working on but that project's been put on ice for the time being.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Jan 8, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #298 of 14,673
  HEK is 35 Ohm/90db and goes down to 8Hz

This should make it substantially easier to power than an HE-6. If you like plain neutral solid-state sound, I'd expect any amp that has <1 ohm output impedance and >1W power into 32 ohm should be sufficient to make it sing.   

...assuming those specs are correct, anyway. 

Jan 8, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #299 of 14,673
I was hoping something bit harder to drive, as I have very little volume control for TH900 on my Bakoon. But at that price it's definitely on my radar.

Jan 8, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #300 of 14,673
2 expensive for me :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back