HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Mar 12, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #18,451 of 21,868
MJ2 is profoundly OK with the HE-6s, I'm looking for a speaker-wire-to-XLR adapter for when I have a speaker amp—it will be a double investment toward a future K1K.

Mar 12, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #18,452 of 21,868
  MJ2 is profoundly OK with the HE-6s, I'm looking for a speaker-wire-to-XLR adapter for when I have a speaker amp—it will be a double investment toward a future K1K.

Try Headphone Lounge.............Ted made me two of them.  Quality stuff. 

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #18,455 of 21,868
I thought my he6's sounded pretty darn good out of my carbon. Then I got a speaker amp & realized how wrong I was.

Which amp did you end up with? Did you get that Yamaha?

Mar 18, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #18,456 of 21,868

Have you looked at the posts on Norne Audio, I had a very nice cable made by Trevor back when it was Norse Audio that included a locking banana to XLR adapter.  I have yet to use it though, due to being fairly satisfied with my Burson Soloist Headphone amp.  Only occasionally do I wish for more power and it's down to finding room to put the amp and having to "sneak" it into the home audio chain without notice from wifey.  I highly recommend Trevor's work, well worth the wait.

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #18,457 of 21,868

Guys, help me! Headband is broken!!! 
eek.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif

Mar 19, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #18,458 of 21,868
Bought schiit Lyr 2 amp, I hope will great match for me , anyone using Lyr 2 with He-6?

2 days later will try. Any tube suggestion?

I will use ifi audio micro idsd for dac , Lyr 2: 50 ohm --> 4000Wm , 32 ohm---> 6000Wm

Mar 19, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #18,460 of 21,868

Guys, help me! Headband is broken!!! 
eek.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif

Email hifiman. They can courier the full headband to you (up to the point of screws on the sides), and then you can unscrew from the drivers and install it yourself. It's pretty straight forward.

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #18,462 of 21,868
Bought schiit Lyr 2 amp, I hope will great match for me , anyone using Lyr 2 with He-6?

2 days later will try. Any tube suggestion?

I will use ifi audio micro idsd for dac , Lyr 2: 50 ohm --> 4000Wm , 32 ohm---> 6000Wm
Not the best or worst.

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #18,463 of 21,868
  I wanted to ask some advice based on experience from others.    My LCD-3F was a creamy full bodied headphone which was on the polite and slightly muddy side with my old dac.  I love the full bodied tone but was not so happy with the negative consequences.  With my new yggy dac,  I do not detect one drop of muddiness and there is a significant “bite” to the sound- very much in the direction of how I remember my old HE-6  which I sold and which I was using with a more polite dac at that time.  I would not classify my LCD-3F as an ulta- polite headphone at all anymore when driven by the yggy.

My question is how about an HE-6 with the yggy?  It must be ultra- aggressive.  Does anyone have the combo and if so is it just to strong of an approach?

Thanks to all in advance.

I have the yggy with an HE6  driven by a nelson apss F1J. it will depend on your amplifier.
if I use the nelson pass F1J it is phenomenal full bodied ( the mod is just the grill mod)  , not bright at all , BUT lets say I use my odyssey stratos extreme I beleive it will be a bit bright for some genre of music but here is where the fuzzor mod comes in - u can install, fuzzor mod if u feel the treble is aggressive , and if it still needs some help u can do the audeze pads .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back