**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Mar 15, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #8,716 of 22,116
Quote:
I hope Mr. Bian is paying close attention to how happy people are with their Jergpads.

Mine, even fragile, survived a road trip in the included felt bag in a tightly packed suitcase, phew! 

It seems Fang still frequents Head-fi quite regularly on his personal account (http://www.head-fi.org/u/43701/nankai), last online 4 days ago. So there is a good chance he lurks a lot of the Hifiman product related threads.

Mar 15, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #8,717 of 22,116
Quote:

Do you listen to a lot of female vocals?  How are their voices on the tubes, if you do?  Tubes vs. solid state is just an opinion.  Others have used the Aune, too.  RMac comes to mind.  He tried the Schiit Magni / Modi combination, but felt that signature was a bit bright at the top end, and the Aune solved the issue for him.  In the end, all that matters is that you enjoy what you hear.

Well, I listen to plenty of female vocals, they sound warm and vibrant, yet still crisp, something I do enjoy. Before that I used Xonar Essence STX, which combined with HE-400 ended up with a really bright and cold sound, somewhat fatiguing and unpleasant. 

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #8,719 of 22,116
Maybe a stupid question, but i wonder...is it possible to stick my he-400's to the M&M stack to a turntable (record player)? Through USB, obviously. 

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #8,720 of 22,116
Maybe a stupid question, but i wonder...is it possible to stick my he-400's to the M&M stack to a turntable (record player)? Through USB, obviously. 
only the magni through a phono amp and rca to the magni, no modi .

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #8,722 of 22,116
Originally Posted by imackler /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know if the warranty is transferrable on the HE-400? 

It should be.  IME, HiFiMan has been great about repairs (I've owned quite a few HiFiMan phones and only my RE262 ever needed to be replaced) on second hand units.  They usually just require you to show a proof of purchase/receipt.. so if you're buying from someone else, have them forward you their proof of purchase/receipt (from an authorized reseller).

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #8,728 of 22,116
Has anyone tried the Beyerdynamic 770 pads on the he-400? I noticed that the Hifimans velour's fit onto the M-Audio Q40s, they sound quite nice btw. I found this while I was waiting for the Beyer pads; a recommended replacement on the Q40. The Velor pads of the Beyer has all the holes already and they are the same size except for the vinyl that wraps around the hifiman mounting ring. The Beyer vinyl is about a quarter inch shorter but should still fit the ring. The dust cover (which is not attached) would slip under the pad.
I'm not sure if the Beyer pleathers have the holes. Beyer also has gel pads for the 770. Makes me wonder. <shrug> Jerg pads without the cutting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back