HiFiMAN HE-4 vs. HIFIMAN HE-400
Jun 11, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #62 of 72
Can someone do a brief comparison of DT880, HD600, ESP 950 & A1000X please? I'm dying out of curiosity
biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #63 of 72
Quote:
Can someone do a brief comparison of DT880, HD600, ESP 950 & A1000X please? I'm dying out of curiosity
biggrin.gif

Make a different thread perhaps? Your inquiry has zero relevance to this thread.

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #66 of 72
Quote:
I have the Q701 and they are not that neutral. I find them to be a little treble happy.

Speaking only of K702, similar or not, they should be quite flat.  One can argue "flat versus neutral" of course, but the sound and the graphs show they're quite flat with only one minor spike.  They are fatiguingat times , but mostly because they don't roll off as quickly at the end, and have a slight spike where some have a dip. 

Though they're famous for their non-linear impedance, so what you hear without sufficient power may not represent the headphone entirely. 
I don't believe them to be as amp picky as Sennheisers though.  They do well on anything providing the right spec of current.

Jun 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #67 of 72
Quote:
Okay guys, I will make a different thread.

I saw your "different thread" - and, admittedly, that wasn't the best idea either.  The best information can come from doing a bit of data mininig here on the site.  Search, search, search ... and you will usually find your answers.  Then, at that time after you've done  your own legwork, submitting a "refined" question with links to your sources might be the next logical step.   However, submitting a base question and expecting 50 people to pounce on it is an impossible expectation.  There is quite a low likelyhood that any of us here have heard the 4 headphones in question that you seek such advice on.

Additionally, since you're now in the hobby, you could buy a few pair of the headphones, test them out and post your impressions.  If something doesn't seem right, you could indicate that  in  your test results.  Additionally, keep in mind that we all have different hearing capabilities.  The headphone that  you place in the #1 slot, might be the one that I placed in the 4th spot because of my hearing perception.  While a member here can add a few general comments about a headphne, it certainly isn't the final word in performance or sound for that headphone.  Again,  how we all hear is a big difference from person A to person B to person C.

Jun 13, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #68 of 72
Quote:
I saw your "different thread" - and, admittedly, that wasn't the best idea either.  The best information can come from doing a bit of data mininig here on the site.  Search, search, search ... and you will usually find your answers.  Then, at that time after you've done  your own legwork, submitting a "refined" question with links to your sources might be the next logical step.   However, submitting a base question and expecting 50 people to pounce on it is an impossible expectation.  There is quite a low likelyhood that any of us here have heard the 4 headphones in question that you seek such advice on.

Additionally, since you're now in the hobby, you could buy a few pair of the headphones, test them out and post your impressions.  If something doesn't seem right, you could indicate that  in  your test results.  Additionally, keep in mind that we all have different hearing capabilities.  The headphone that  you place in the #1 slot, might be the one that I placed in the 4th spot because of my hearing perception.  While a member here can add a few general comments about a headphne, it certainly isn't the final word in performance or sound for that headphone.  Again,  how we all hear is a big difference from person A to person B to person C.

Thanks.

Oct 17, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #69 of 72
Sorry, delete this. (forgot it was a old thread)

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #70 of 72
Sorry in advance…  I skipped a few pages but can anyone give me a run down a/b on the HE400 vs HE4?  I heard the HE400 and did not like the treble spike.  I wanted to know if the HE4 had the same issue or if they sound any better or not as good?

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #71 of 72

Users who are viewing this thread

Back