Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Oct 23, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #3,751 of 4,142
I don't want any pieces of schiit. I'll go back to vintage

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #3,752 of 4,142
  I have yet to listen to an amp that has the soundstage and separation that Ember does for the HE series, but I haven't tried Lyr2. Warmth can be altered by the tube, and Ember has many more options in that department. Ember is actually quite easy to use despite its intimidating open chassis.

In all honesty, either option would be fine. If you want to tweak the sound more, to find that sweet spot, Ember simply has more options.

Wolfson WM8471 dac 
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #3,753 of 4,142
Yup dual Wolfson, miss my audio gd

Oct 23, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #3,755 of 4,142
Ummm... a few hours ago I received my headphones and opened the box and finnaly received my Hifiman He4. It was actually a early-production model with blacked out metal parts and a diffrent driver cover. But, as soon as I picked up the cable, I realized something that really set me off. What the Hell? The cable they gave me wasn't the stock 6.3mm 3meter crystalline cable. It was a 3.5mm.... and what??
I'm going off to the headquarters tommorow and I'll notice you guys right away what happens next. They should have NOTHING to say against this.

Blacked out metal part? Then yours is the same as mine I think.

I think that's a cable with mic and not balanced TRRS since I still could use it with my phone etc... And did they have 3.5mm balanced TRRS?
You didn't get the 3m 6.3mm cable? Really now?

Oct 23, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #3,756 of 4,142
Yes they did have a balanced trrs, meant for their hifiman daps mainly. But obviously multiple others worked. Works great for my t50rp to make them a little more comfy to wear while messing around in the garage

Oct 23, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #3,757 of 4,142
I almost forgot, me moving to Oregon is giving me access to my father in laws giant workshop. He lives in the town in moving to as well. I hope to get a nice woodied he4 done for Xmas (work to be done by him, I suck)

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #3,758 of 4,142
Rozenberg

Yeah... they said that they lost the original cable and going to order it from China. Should arrive at the time when my amp arrives. And yes. Mine seems to be a very early-production model. Are there any diffrences in the SQ between the early and the new ones?

Oct 24, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #3,762 of 4,142
Rozenberg

Yeah... they said that they lost the original cable and going to order it from China. Should arrive at the time when my amp arrives. And yes. Mine seems to be a very early-production model. Are there any diffrences in the SQ between the early and the new ones?

That's exciting. Maybe you have the original earpads?!

Oct 24, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #3,765 of 4,142
@Rozenberg

Yup, the same.
I don't really care about SQ between early production and not, still sounds really great to me.

And yeah dat pads are irritating, good thing mine came with pleather so I could take the rings out and install it on my Alpha Pads.
Making the HE-4 comfortable for me was already pretty expensive tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back