Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP
May 8, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #796 of 862
May 27, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #798 of 862
My HD Pro just got here and it only works properly if I push and hold the 3.5mm jack in slightly or as I'm swivelling it around it drops in and out. Tried with three pairs of headphones and same results on all of them, tried with both the lightning and USB C cables. I'm guessing this is just a faulty unit, anyone else have this?

Jun 5, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #799 of 862
My HD Pro just got here and it only works properly if I push and hold the 3.5mm jack in slightly or as I'm swivelling it around it drops in and out. Tried with three pairs of headphones and same results on all of them, tried with both the lightning and USB C cables. I'm guessing this is just a faulty unit, anyone else have this?
I got mine delivered early this week from Aliexpress TEMPOTEC Official Store no issue with it - works great. Maybe, as you said, just a faulty unit.

Jun 7, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #801 of 862
Is this the best cheap USB-C dac dongle not the market? Under 20USD
I have both Hidizs and Tempotec versions, but I tend to pick the Apple USB-C to 3.5mm adapter over them. I'm not saying it's better, but for $10 it's definitely worth considering.

Jun 7, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #802 of 862
Is this the best cheap USB-C dac dongle not the market? Under 20USD
I'd say the Tempotec version or Hidizs S2 is probably the best for 20 bucks unless you can find Meizu non pro and aren't planning to use it over LTE connection. The Hidizs S1 with the Realtek chip is bested by Qualcomm chip models (BGVP T01 for instance).

Jun 8, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #804 of 862
Well they sorted this out really quickly and sent a new one out which just arrived and WOW, this thing sound fantastic, really opens up the soundstage and gives everything an extra layer of polish.

Jun 8, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #805 of 862
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tempotec-sonata-hd-pro.24181/reviews#item-review-23794

This is my review of the Sonata HD Pro (Self purchased). 10/10! Highly recommended to boost sound quality of smartphones and desktops for cheap!

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-08 at 23.18.10.jpeg

Jun 10, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #806 of 862
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tempotec-sonata-hd-pro.24181/reviews#item-review-23794

This is my review of the Sonata HD Pro (Self purchased). 10/10! Highly recommended to boost sound quality of smartphones and desktops for cheap!

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-08 at 23.18.10.jpeg

Nice review. Mine is on its way (damn this Covid Snail Mail) can't wait to get it. I also have the Meizu Hifi Pro en route too, so it will be good to compare the two (battery drain via OTG to Android). My thoughts are the Tempotec will be easier on the battery.

Jun 10, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #807 of 862
Nice review. Mine is on its way (damn this Covid Snail Mail) can't wait to get it. I also have the Meizu Hifi Pro en route too, so it will be good to compare the two (battery drain via OTG to Android). My thoughts are the Tempotec will be easier on the battery.

Yep would be great to see a head to head comparison of the Meizu Hifi Pro vs Tempotec Sonata HD Pro. I look forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back