Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP
Aug 2, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #602 of 862
Well, I own the DC01. Going to give it a test drive tomorrow. I heared something about a single ended version of it should be released someday, but no info on it anywhere, and no release date.

Yup, I've only seen pictures. Let us know how the 01 compares to the Sonata HDII.

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #603 of 862
Has anyone tried using the Sonata on iOS with the usb-A converter and a camera connection kit (CCK)? I know that some USB DACs like the Dragonfly supposedly work like this.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #605 of 862
I tried it and it works.
Wow! Thanks for that info, very exciting as I might switch to iOS soon. I couldn't find any answers despite my Google skills.

Aug 4, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #606 of 862
If you have LG phone, like V30 or V40, which one has better sound, LG on board DAC or this sonata HD?

Aug 7, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #607 of 862
Hello!

I recently bought this Hidizs Sonata HD. I'm using it with my TFZ T2 Galaxy (with a TRN 8 core cable + Spinfit CP100 upgrade) on my Xiaomi Mi9T. I'm trying to flash the D firmware and I was able to do so. There's this last step at the bottom though:

Note: If you have just flashed to "D" mode - go to device properties and set the quality to max 24bit|192kHz.

Where do you go to set this? I'm going to Windows > Device Manager > Sonata HD > Properties and I can't find anything that will allow me to set the quality.

Thanks for the help!

Aug 7, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #608 of 862
Hello!

I recently bought this Hidizs Sonata HD. I'm using it with my TFZ T2 Galaxy (with a TRN 8 core cable + Spinfit CP100 upgrade) on my Xiaomi Mi9T. I'm trying to flash the D firmware and I was able to do so. There's this last step at the bottom though:

Note: If you have just flashed to "D" mode - go to device properties and set the quality to max 24bit|192kHz.

Where do you go to set this? I'm going to Windows > Device Manager > Sonata HD > Properties and I can't find anything that will allow me to set the quality.

Thanks for the help!

Hi right click bottom right of taskbar (the sound icon) "sounds" -> under new tab go to playback, right click properties under "sonata HD audio" -> this goes to headphone properties. click advanced -> change default format to 2 channel, 24 bit, 192kHz.

hope this helps.

Aug 7, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #610 of 862
Thank you! Will try it later. Although I'm not sure how much it'll make a difference since I just use the very high quality on Spotify for all of my music.

It won't make any difference then.

Aug 8, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #612 of 862
Really curious about this too. Got a Huawei P20 Pro last year and I miss my LG V20. Wondering if one of these will do or should I just get a V40. Thanks!

I had a V10, but that was many years ago. I think with the UAPP app with the Hidizs on the audiophile firmware it can't be any worse than the V10 was, and the V10 was good. For the size of it, this little dongle is definitely impressive. I've said it before, but I use it with an HD650 and there is plenty of power and it sounds great. I usually listen with the UAPP app's software volume at around -15 to -20db, so there is plenty left. I also have a Topping NX4DSD, and at the volumes I listen at I can't tell a difference between the two. I got my Hidizs for $26, but I understand they are a little more now.

Aug 9, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #613 of 862
Aug 9, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #614 of 862
Aug 10, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #615 of 862
Interested to see how the S3 compares to the Sonata HDII.

I bet its gonna be the same, since its also a Cirrus Logic chip... I'm really interested in the smaller, cheaper - Realtek version (S1).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back