Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP
Nov 7, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #826 of 862
Anyone who's ordered directly from Hidizs before, how is their free shipping in terms of speed? I get that there's an express shipping option but it's a whole $30 extra and I was thinking if their free shipping was decent I'd just use that. Looking to get an S8 as my HD Pro's cable has given up the ghost!

Nov 8, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #827 of 862
I got the Sonata HD Pro last week and want to use it on my PC/phone/iPod Nano 7G. It doesn't work on the nano 7G with the lightning cable so that's a lost cause.

Are there any instructions though on what I'm supposed to be doing to get it to work on my phone and PC? For the PC, I just plugged it in and it's working fine, I had to turn off USB sleep in Windows to reduce the popping noises. My phone's a Galaxy S7 so I had to get a micro-USB to micro-USB since there's no USB-C on the phone. Seems to work but I'm not sure if I hear any audio difference on the phone with/without the DAC. Actually without the DAC is better on the phone because it allows me to enable Samsung UHQ sound mode which helps somewhat. On the PC the difference is for sure there.

Nov 20, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #828 of 862
Got Hidizs s3, with firmware D pure music, arriving next week, will i be missing much for not getting HD Pro version? I only will use it on a laptop, and on a phone, actually once i get a phone with usb-c connection.. now with micro usb phone..

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #829 of 862
I've got both. BHD is pretty much a direct upgrade from HD Pro, supercharged everything. If you like HD Pro's presentation you'd pretty much like BHD as well.

If sizzier tingier brighter stuff is more your thing, E1DA stuff is probably what you want. I like mine warmer so I'm going with Tempotec for now. They also do vocals to die for, don't think I've heard anything else that does it this good tbh.
how about BHD vs BTR5 ?
Already have the BTR5 and I'm interested with the BHD and E1DA,

Nov 23, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #831 of 862
just got hidizs s3, oh boy, it's night and day now, with h1707 and nokia5 android i get more weight in guitars, they crunchier, loudness - almost killed my ears with leaving volume at max, vocals don't get overshadowed by other instruments so much, drums sound much nicer now, bass not overly boomy, but more vibrating, more movement inside the earcups, i can finally listen to rock and metal with these headphones! only 31 pound wasted, and god damn i'm tons happy, i don;'t think i need s9, s8 or meizu pro anymore, :)

Nov 28, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #832 of 862
Hello members of Head-Fi.

I really need help for this ******* firmware update.

I've litterally tried everything, eeprom write always fails, and I am getting tired of this mess !

I've tried with the values found for the 2 devices appearing as "USB input device" (in the device manager) when dac is plug-in.
I've even tried values indicates by Mellowship earlier in this thread, and also the default value when SONATA _HD-C_Sound priority.exe start. ....
NOTHING works.

Please, I really need help on this.

Jan 7, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #833 of 862
Sonata HD Pro when it automatically switches to high gain? 150 ohm? Which adapter to use to make it go high gain? Link if possible ...

And last thing, I often read about problems, is yours working perfectly? Is it durable enough? Has anyone had it for over a year?

Jan 7, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #834 of 862
Sonata HD Pro when it automatically switches to high gain? 150 ohm? Which adapter to use to make it go high gain? Link if possible ...

And last thing, I often read about problems, is yours working perfectly? Is it durable enough? Has anyone had it for over a year?
Any 3.5 mm adapter. I have it since september and it works perfectly

Jan 7, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #835 of 862

You can use a 3.5 to 3.5 mm adapter, it will "trick" the tempotec sonata HD Pro into going into the maximum 2 V output all the time.

I've bought 2 tempotec sonata HD Pros, one is 9 months old, I use them daily and no issues. But I am very careful with them, the wires are a bit thin, so I try not to snag them on anything and put them in hard cases when not in use.

Jan 7, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #836 of 862
I just bought Sonata HD pro. I will be using it with my android phone and windows 10 PC. Do I have to use USB Audio Player Pro on my phone to unlock the full potential? Also are there any other alternate/free apps that are as good or better as UAPP?

Jan 7, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #837 of 862
I just bought Sonata HD pro. I will be using it with my android phone and windows 10 PC. Do I have to use USB Audio Player Pro on my phone to unlock the full potential? Also are there any other alternate/free apps that are as good or better as UAPP?

I use Hiby Music App on my android. It is free and has quite a friendly UI.
U need to enable OTG/USB on your phone after u plug the Sonata HD Pro, then go to settings and allow "exclusive HQ USB audio access" and go to "USB output setting" and allow USB audio performance mode. Works like a charm for me.

Jan 7, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #838 of 862
I use Hiby Music App on my android. It is free and has quite a friendly UI.
U need to enable OTG/USB on your phone after u plug the Sonata HD Pro, then go to settings and allow "exclusive HQ USB audio access" and go to "USB output setting" and allow USB audio performance mode. Works like a charm for me.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back