Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP
May 6, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #483 of 862
I am really happy with my Xiaomi Mi8+ SonataII (pure audio)+audio technical m50X, and hiby apk. I am thinking to upgrade the quality of the audio buying a Fiio M6 . Do you think I will appreciate a quality difference? or perhaps I need to go a step forward and buy the new M11.

Thxs for your help.

May 8, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #484 of 862
I can't make my dongle work on my galaxy s8, can i get some help?

May 8, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #485 of 862
I can't make my dongle work on my galaxy s8, can i get some help?

Go to the developer options and mingle with the USB options there. Or try to reset the developer options to default and then try to turn on and/or off the USB options there while connecting and disconnecting the Sonata. Usually, if the hardware is OK, it all comes down to the way the USB devices are automatically detected by the smartphone. Maybe your USB is configured in a way to only accept charging and data...

May 8, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #486 of 862
Hi, I was just looking for a low price AMP DAC for my laptop and I found this page on google, thanks for this nice & informative review. I need to ask few things before I get this. I have a Dell laptop with Realtek ALC3234, do I have to remove/uninstall the driver to use Sonata HD or does this device work with the Realtek? I have Kingston HyperX cloud core headset (don't use mic) and I just ordered KZ ZSN Pro earphones on Aliexpress and waiting for arrival. My use of this device will be purely for music and movies.
Thank you

May 8, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #487 of 862
Hi, I was just looking for a low price AMP DAC for my laptop and I found this page on google, thanks for this nice & informative review. I need to ask few things before I get this. I have a Dell laptop with Realtek ALC3234, do I have to remove/uninstall the driver to use Sonata HD or does this device work with the Realtek? I have Kingston HyperX cloud core headset (don't use mic) and I just ordered KZ ZSN Pro earphones on Aliexpress and waiting for arrival. My use of this device will be purely for music and movies.
Thank you

It will work alongside the Realtek driver. No uninstall is needed.

When using this dongle in a PC, the volume will be extremely loud. Just be careful with it.

May 8, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #489 of 862
Go to the developer options and mingle with the USB options there. Or try to reset the developer options to default and then try to turn on and/or off the USB options there while connecting and disconnecting the Sonata. Usually, if the hardware is OK, it all comes down to the way the USB devices are automatically detected by the smartphone. Maybe your USB is configured in a way to only accept charging and data...

Thx for your input, but I've tried messing up with the dev options, there aren't too much to mess in the s8 menu anyway. And I've goten nothing from it. I have also installed all of the firmwares more than once and got no result. In my computer it works plug'nplay in all of the firmwares.

I will try on my father's xiaomi mi5 that night and see if it works. The S8 simply doesn't recognize. If i use the sonata on the USB adapter for pc jacked into the "USB-USB type-c" converter that comes with the s8 the sonata isn't recognized as well, it keeps popping up "device connected"-"device disconected" every second. I think it has to do with my smartphone.

@peter123 your s8 are on android oreo or in android pie?

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #490 of 862
Thx for your input, but I've tried messing up with the dev options, there aren't too much to mess in the s8 menu anyway. And I've goten nothing from it. I have also installed all of the firmwares more than once and got no result. In my computer it works plug'nplay in all of the firmwares.

I will try on my father's xiaomi mi5 that night and see if it works. The S8 simply doesn't recognize. If i use the sonata on the USB adapter for pc jacked into the "USB-USB type-c" converter that comes with the s8 the sonata isn't recognized as well, it keeps popping up "device connected"-"device disconected" every second. I think it has to do with my smartphone.

It's on Pie but it worked without any issues on Oreo as well.

May 9, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #491 of 862

I'm using Note8 and have the same issue after upgrading to Android Pie 9. It keeps saying Disconnected and Connected non stop until i unplug the dac. Tried USB OTG with my Dragonfly Red and still have this issue, seems like this caused by the Android OS

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #492 of 862
I'm using Note8 and have the same issue after upgrading to Android Pie 9. It keeps saying Disconnected and Connected non stop until i unplug the dac. Tried USB OTG with my Dragonfly Red and still have this issue, seems like this caused by the Android OS

It's not a pie issue. Works on my 1+ 6t on pie. It sucks that android can be so hit and miss.

May 9, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #494 of 862
May 9, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #495 of 862
Not sure what headphones most people are using with this dongle but I've been using it with an HD650. On my OnePlus 6T using USB audio player pro with local files and Tidal it sounds really good. I have to say that I don't listen all that loudly, but half way (using the hardware volume to achieve a bit perfect output) is usually where I have the volume, so there is plenty of headroom.

It sounds like an HD650 should. No missing bass or warmth, and plenty of detail and no veil. There is actually a good amount of sparkle here. This kind of reminds me of how my old LG V10 sounded and I loved that phone for audio.

So as long as you don't listen too loudly this CAN drive an HD650. It actually drives it better than I had expected. I half expected to only be able to use this with my easier to drive headphones, but was pleasantly surprised. I feel that i got way more than I could have hoped for, for only $26.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back