Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Dec 26, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #811 of 992
  So good news, good news, and bad news. Hidition received my package and responded by email with solutions. They can fix my broken pin problem quick and cheap forgetting about the expensive shipping at only $11. However, in the process of analysing my CIEMs, they found other issues that would require a remold to resolve and at $330 for just the remold without the cost of any custom finish work, issue fixes, or shipping. Here is what they found:

"The low and  high band of right is degraded and the middleband of left is also degraded."

Going to have to get them back to perfect so I am taking the more extensive fix option.

Really?  I wonder what caused the degradation... They are a pain in the ***** to contact except by phone in Korean but in my experience as well, once they get the iems the service is acceptable.  

Dec 26, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #812 of 992

So good news, good news, and bad news. Hidition received my package and responded by email with solutions. They can fix my broken pin problem quick and cheap forgetting about the expensive shipping at only $11. However, in the process of analysing my CIEMs, they found other issues that would require a remold to resolve and at $330 for just the remold without the cost of any custom finish work, issue fixes, or shipping. Here is what they found:

"The low and  high band of right is degraded and the middleband of left is also degraded."

Going to have to get them back to perfect so I am taking the more extensive fix option.

Really?  I wonder what caused the degradation... They are a pain in the ***** to contact except by phone in Korean but in my experience as well, once they get the iems the service is acceptable.  

Mine were molded in 2011 so they are 5 years old. In reality, I could not tell that they were degrading thinking that it was just my old man hearing creeping up on me. Even degraded, they sound much better than most HP options.

Dec 26, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #813 of 992
Ah ok.  Makes sense then. Glad you have made contact now at least.  Imagine how great they will sound when you get them back 
biggrin.gif
 .  Does that mean you need to send new molds now too?  Seems to take around 3-4 weeks these days to make them so don't be too worried if it is taking forever.  

Dec 26, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #814 of 992

how old were your NT6 ?

had you witnessed any sound degrading yourself ?

Dec 26, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #815 of 992

how old were your NT6 ?

had you witnessed any sound degrading yourself ?

I had them made in 2011 so 5 years old. The degradation was a surprise as I didn't hear any issues myself. Cleaning them brought them back to life when ever I thought they needed better sound. They sound better than most HP options even in their current state but am very curious to hear them once returned tuned to Hidition's satisfaction. Could they sound better?

Anyways, after 5 years, a tune up wouldn't hurt anything.

Dec 26, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #816 of 992
5 years is a long time so a cleanup/retune is fine i guess 

when i sent my NT6 to Piotr this September he checked and found the drivers OK (only had them for 3 months then , though) so i am fine for now i guess

nice to see your problem resolved , let us know when you get them back 

Dec 26, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #817 of 992
Yay, Hidition finally replied to my email about reshelling
rolleyes.gif
 They told me that when my NT-6's arrive at their office they'll take a look at it to see if anything else is out of place, which would add to the base cost of 330 + 60 shipping, though I'm not  sure if the price is in my local currency or USD 
confused.gif
 They didn't request new ear impressions from me even though I requested a remold, so that left me a little unsure if they understood what I wanted. Sent another email for clarification but hopefully each exchange doesn't take a week 
eek.gif

Dec 26, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #818 of 992
btw, i saw @Barra mentioning how NT6pro sounded as good to him as zeus r 
eek.gif

this is quite a statement , so it's nice to know we have a true TOTL ciem in our hands

everyday that passes with my NT6 i feel like i could just stay put with only NT6 in my ears and be happy that i have a great totl ciem

i switched the whiplash hybrid v3 (8-con) with the forza hybrid (4-con) cable and NT6 continues to SING

amazing ciem

Dec 26, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #819 of 992

[COLOR=111111]"The low and  high band of right is degraded and the middleband of left is [/COLOR][COLOR=111111]also degraded."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=111111]Going to have to get them back to perfect so I am taking the more extensive fix option.[/COLOR]

Were they still under warranty or did you have to suck it up and pay the repair cost nonetheless?

Not to mention did you notice any issues with them before you sent them back or is this a blatant cash grab by Hidition?

Also how long did the whole RMA process take up to this point?

Edit: I just saw that some of these questions were already addressed above

Dec 27, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #820 of 992
Looks like Hidition is catching up on their backlogs. Nice to see that for a change. Null Audio has also sent me an update that Hidition finally responded to the mails the sent. So hopefully, everything go as smoothly from here on. Just can't wait to get my NT-6 and do a comparison with Fitear 333 and the incoming iSine 10.

Dec 27, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #821 of 992

Were they still under warranty or did you have to suck it up and pay the repair cost nonetheless?

Not to mention did you notice any issues with them before you sent them back or is this a blatant cash grab by Hidition?

Also how long did the whole RMA process take up to this point?

Edit: I just saw that some of these questions were already addressed above

They are 5 years old so I am guessing that there is no warrantee. However, this process has taken forever just getting a hold of them.

Dec 28, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #822 of 992
after 2 days, i switched back from the 4-con forza hybrid to the 8-con whiplash hybrid v3 

and there is a definite improvement with the (more expensive) whiplash cable 

if you are gonna spend some money on a cable that makes the NT6 soar , whiplash hybrid v3 is definitely a contender

damn , i love my NT6 so fuc.king much 
L3000.gif

Dec 28, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #823 of 992
  They are 5 years old so I am guessing that there is no warrantee. However, this process has taken forever just getting a hold of them.

This is always my concern with CIEM with multiple drivers. How would one know if something has changed over time especially if it's gradual? With a single driver iem/headphone I think it is more obvious.

Dec 28, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #824 of 992
Since my NT-6 is going back to Hidition and a reshell/repair will most likely change the sound I spoke to Null if Hidition will entertain the idea of converting my NT-6 to NT-6 Pro. I already have the Fitear 333 coming and I feel having 2 similarly tuned iem in terms of FR will just be a redundant. Hopefully Hidition agrees.

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #825 of 992
Well, in the end I've decided I'll hold on to my NT-6 Pro's and live with the minor fit issue. I've clarified with Hidition and 390USD inclusive of shipping for a reshell is waayyy more than I'd like to spend right now for a minor fit issue. Anyway I've got to say that Hidition is rather responsive these days. Got replies within 2 days.

Quote:
  Since my NT-6 is going back to Hidition and a reshell/repair will most likely change the sound I spoke to Null if Hidition will entertain the idea of converting my NT-6 to NT-6 Pro. I already have the Fitear 333 coming and I feel having 2 similarly tuned iem in terms of FR will just be a redundant. Hopefully Hidition agrees.

You will not be disappointed with the Pro 
smily_headphones1.gif
 I had a hard time deciding between the NT-6 and NT-6 Pro when purchasing but I went for the Pro as I knew I would get bored of a "neutral" sound sig; I wanted something that had a bit of "fun", but not over the top - thus the NT-6 Pro. The NT-6 Pro can get real bassy (in a good way, not over the top) on certain tracks.

Are you planning on getting a custom cable for your Hidition?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back