Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Dec 20, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #781 of 992
Well, Null Audio is as bad as Hidition. It's been over a week since I gave them back my NT-6 and still got no update. I sent a chaser on Friday. I'll take a 2K euro iem anytime with a better CS. This is worst than JH did with the original Roxanne pre-order.

Dec 20, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #782 of 992
well , katana goes for something like 2000 euros , and NT6 total cost (of buying new+reshelling at custom art) was only 35% of this amount , so i am happy and i can take the hassle of bad CS (which let's face it , with custom art CS is exceptional and makes Noble seem like Hidition :p  )

glad to hear that Katana and NT6 sound very similar - especially when considering how much fewer money i had to spend to get it

Lol. The Katana SLA was 1.2K in UK as Noble had not updated the prices after the Brexit GBP crash. I was then hopelessly late at sending my ear impressions in and by the time it reached Noble, they stopped making SLAs. Instead of just returning my cash and asking to pay for acrylic, Brannan then upgraded it and allowed me to design it FoC. I would happily pay double for that kind of customer service. Would rather take that level of good will any day.

BTW, Are you sure your NT6 sounds EXACTLY like how Hidition wants you to hear it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dec 20, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #783 of 992
well if you are loaded , noble seems an OK option

if not , there are still many other options to choose from

so in the end , we are all happy 
wink.gif

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #784 of 992
  Well, Null Audio is as bad as Hidition. It's been over a week since I gave them back my NT-6 and still got no update. I sent a chaser on Friday. I'll take a 2K euro iem anytime with a better CS. This is worst than JH did with the original Roxanne pre-order.

I skipped Null Audio, and contacted Hidition directly by myself for my reshell (though still awaiting Hidition's reply). I think having Null Audio "help" me in the reshell would only slow things down. One possible reason to why they haven't replied you is that they have actually tried asking Hidition but to no success too - though even if this is the case they should still update you.

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #785 of 992
  I skipped Null Audio, and contacted Hidition directly by myself for my reshell (though still awaiting Hidition's reply). I think having Null Audio "help" me in the reshell would only slow things down. One possible reason to why they haven't replied you is that they have actually tried asking Hidition but to no success too - though even if this is the case they should still update you.

The lack of response from Hidition prompted them to get AAW to take a look at my iems. Even Hidition out of the picture Null Audio still sucks at managing customer service.

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #786 of 992
The lack of response from Hidition prompted them to get AAW to take a look at my iems. Even Hidition out of the picture Null Audio still sucks at managing customer service.

At this point I'm not sure if I should get a third party to reshell. Just some worries about warranties and repairs, and most importantly the sound. If Hidition refuses to reply me then I'll just have mine reshelled by more reputable people like Piotr. It will also be my last purchase from Null and Hidition.

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #787 of 992
At this point I'm not sure if I should get a third party to reshell. Just some worries about warranties and repairs, and most importantly the sound. If Hidition refuses to reply me then I'll just have mine reshelled by more reputable people like Piotr. It will also be my last purchase from Null and Hidition.

So do I. Null Audio has notoriously sucked even before getting the NT-6. Cables taking months to deliver. Even taking longer if it needed repairs. I mean it's just cable. 

I have never been this dissatisfied with any audio shop in SG. They may have the cheapest price for most items. But buyer beware.

I'll just wait till after the new year to confront them again so as not to ruin the holiday spirit. But come januany and still no definitely solution to my problem, I will ask for a refund. 

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #788 of 992
I finally got a response from Null Audio, AAW confirmed there is a problem with the bass driver in the right monitor. They finally decided to called Hidition but unable to get them to commit for the repair. However, Null Audio is unsure if the guy from Hidition fully understood what needs to be done (language barrier).

Null is proposing a repair to be done by AAW as a last resort if Hidition continues to be unresponsive.

Dec 22, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #790 of 992
  Hugo was great, but the best I have heard was the Paw Gold. The new sony A and Z seem like they beat the Paw Gold, but my NT6pro was out of commission to test it. The new Sony A is only 1200 and seems like a steal.

I got the chance to listen to LPG though I don't have my NT-6, I hear clear and very detailed presentation out of my T8ie and Roxanne. Now I'm curious how NT-6 would sound with LPG. I will check the new Sony as well. 

This is making me miss NT-6 more. 

Dec 22, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #791 of 992
  I finally got a response from Null Audio, AAW confirmed there is a problem with the bass driver in the right monitor. They finally decided to called Hidition but unable to get them to commit for the repair. However, Null Audio is unsure if the guy from Hidition fully understood what needs to be done (language barrier).

Null is proposing a repair to be done by AAW as a last resort if Hidition continues to be unresponsive.

Thanks a bunch for the update. Would be interested to know if AAW is able to actually fix CIEMs from another company and how much it would cost. Is your NT6 still under warranty? I am curious about what you mean by Hidition not committing to a repair.

Looks like I will probably settle for a cheaper CIEM and wait till next year to see if Hidition's customer service is any better and if there's another sale. Another thing to note is that Hidition might currently be overwhelmed by order requests following the recent Black Friday sale, but that is certainly no excuse for their service.

Dec 22, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #792 of 992
Thanks a bunch for the update. Would be interested to know if AAW is able to actually fix CIEMs from another company and how much it would cost. Is your NT6 still under warranty? I am curious about what you mean by Hidition not committing to a repair.

Looks like I will probably settle for a cheaper CIEM and wait till next year to see if Hidition's customer service is any better and if there's another sale. Another thing to note is that Hidition might currently be overwhelmed by order requests following the recent Black Friday sale, but that is certainly no excuse for their service.

The problem is Kevin from Null is not very sure if the guy he spoke with on the phone understood what he was trying to say. He was advised instead to resend the mails he sent earlier. So if the delay drags on further, Kevin gave me an option to let AAW repair my NT-6 and Null audio will carry the 1 year warranty since it will break the warranty from Hidition.

Though Kevin told me there might be a change in tuning but would be minimal. However; that is what I am trying to avoid.

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #793 of 992

Hugo was great, but the best I have heard was the Paw Gold. The new sony A and Z seem like they beat the Paw Gold, but my NT6pro was out of commission to test it. The new Sony A is only 1200 and seems like a steal.

I got the chance to listen to LPG though I don't have my NT-6, I hear clear and very detailed presentation out of my T8ie and Roxanne. Now I'm curious how NT-6 would sound with LPG. I will check the new Sony as well. 

This is making me miss NT-6 more. 

The LPG was the best DAP I have heard so far with the NT6pro and I have heard most of the TOTL DAPs. It shows off the pro's transparency and dynamics. Plus it is wonderful that it doesn't require a stack. I find that I typically have to stack with the NT6pro to get full dynamics out of it as with any of the AK models. As for the Sony, didn't hear the Sony/LPG back to back, but felt that the Sony had my preferred signature over the LPG with the same level of performance. Just guessing, but the LPG may have more transparency, but the Sony may have better textures and emotion. Cannot wait to get my Pros back to be able to pair with the Sony. Feel like a big part of me is missing without my Hiditions.

BTW, I got my hands on a Caylx M which is blowing my mind - just put up a review. Have a feeling it may be a wonderful matchup for the Hiditions providing stackless power dynamics and an unrivaled transparency courtesy of the inky black, black, black background that bests even desktop setups. The M may be in the same performance range as the Sony and the LPG if you can stomach the 4 hour battery life and the criminal UI missing elements - play all and folder browsing. I am seeing these around at sub $500 levels now if you want to give it a try as they blow everything else at that price range away in SQ. Very beautiful device too with a nice heft, but not too big. I am pairing it with my HifiMan HEX right now with is a match made in heaven and is a very similar signature to the Pro.

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #794 of 992
  The LPG was the best DAP I have heard so far with the NT6pro and I have heard most of the TOTL DAPs. It shows off the pro's transparency and dynamics. Plus it is wonderful that it doesn't require a stack. I find that I typically have to stack with the NT6pro to get full dynamics out of it as with any of the AK models. As for the Sony, didn't hear the Sony/LPG back to back, but felt that the Sony had my preferred signature over the LPG with the same level of performance. Just guessing, but the LPG may have more transparency, but the Sony may have better textures and emotion. Cannot wait to get my Pros back to be able to pair with the Sony. Feel like a big part of me is missing without my Hiditions.

BTW, I got my hands on a Caylx M which is blowing my mind - just put up a review. Have a feeling it may be a wonderful matchup for the Hiditions providing stackless power dynamics and an unrivaled transparency courtesy of the inky black, black, black background that bests even desktop setups. The M may be in the same performance range as the Sony and the LPG if you can stomach the 4 hour battery life and the criminal UI missing elements - play all and folder browsing. I am seeing these around at sub $500 levels now if you want to give it a try as they blow everything else at that price range away in SQ. Very beautiful device too with a nice heft, but not too big. I am pairing it with my HifiMan HEX right now with is a match made in heaven and is a very similar signature to the Pro.

the 1st bold is a HUGE no - it's like saying ' a ferrari without gas and steering wheel' = kinda useless, imho

btw, have you tried the zx2 ? you can get one now for 550-600$ 

btw , NT6 is a ******* chameleon - it pairs well with everything , i simply LOVE my NT6 
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #795 of 992

the 1st bold is a HUGE no - it's like saying ' a ferrari without gas and steering wheel' = kinda useless, imho

btw, have you tried the zx2 ? you can get one now for 550-600$ 

btw , NT6 is a ******* chameleon - it pairs well with everything , i simply LOVE my NT6 
biggrin.gif

Agreed, but I look at it more like being married to one of the worlds most beautiful women that requires an immense amount of effort to have sex with. Very high maintenance, but in this case I can have more than one so I can rotate as needed. 
rolleyes.gif

The ZX2 was my mission for a listen at the last RMAF but Sony declined to show it in favor of the new WM1a/z. Was hoping to do a back and forth comparison knowing that the ZX2 would fall in price. So no, have not had the opportunity to hear it yet - just the ZX1 which was just ok and the WM1a/z which is now TOTL DAP top dog IMO - both SQ and build/UI.

While I agree that the Hidition is a chameleon and pairs well with everything, the transparency is what enables it to scale so well into the exotic SQ range with premium desktop setups. With noise out of the equation, all that lost power goes into the detail and the texturing sending shivers down your spin. This the magic of the Calyx M.

Another way to look at it is that the highest peak in Washington State and Colorado in the US are both 14,400 feet. However, the peek in Colorado starts at 7000 feet so it is only another 7000 feet off the ground where Mount Rainier in Washington starts at sea level for a total of 14400 feet high with majestic poking through the cloud imagery and a permanent glacier on the top. So one looks like a picture book perfect mountain and the other like a rounded hill you can jog to the top of. The typical DAP or CIEM noise is like starting at 7000 feet making the resulting performance much less impressive even when reaching the same ending height. The Hidition has the ability to start at sea level and go all the way up for incredible dynamics with picture perfect sound and texturing. I find this unique to the Hidition from all my auditions so far. Too bad customer service is sub par.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back