Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Dec 28, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #826 of 992
  You will not be disappointed with the Pro 
smily_headphones1.gif
 I had a hard time deciding between the NT-6 and NT-6 Pro when purchasing but I went for the Pro as I knew I would get bored of a "neutral" sound sig; I wanted something that had a bit of "fun", but not over the top - thus the NT-6 Pro. The NT-6 Pro can get real bassy (in a good way, not over the top) on certain tracks.

Are you planning on getting a custom cable for your Hidition?

I got the NT-6 because it was supposed to be my neutral reference. I have listened to both demos before I chose NT-6.  But now that I have a 333 coming, I might as well get the Pro so I don't end up with 2 iems with very similar signature. I would still get the same clarity and general characteristic with the Pro as with the non-Pro. From whatt I remember, the Pro has more bass and a little more treble sparkle than the non-pro. So year it's should be fun.

I already have cable for Hidition, it's a copper plated Silver. However, it's more about the cable construction which is softer and more manageable than the stiff stock cable.

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #827 of 992
I absolutely love the pro signature. I had some concerns about the treble based on reviews since though I like sparkle I can be a bit treble sensitive sometimes. I like a bit of bass above neutral, especially sub bass, but not bass head levels. So the bass is what sold me, but the treble quality is so absolutely stunning that the amount is just right. I hope they agree to that too, but I guess it depends on how much work they would have to do to alter them to do it.

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #828 of 992

I got the NT-6 because it was supposed to be my neutral reference. I have listened to both demos before I chose NT-6.  But now that I have a 333 coming, I might as well get the Pro so I don't end up with 2 iems with very similar signature. I would still get the same clarity and general characteristic with the Pro as with the non-Pro. From whatt I remember, the Pro has more bass and a little more treble sparkle than the non-pro. So year it's should be fun.

I already have cable for Hidition, it's a copper plated Silver. However, it's more about the cable construction which is softer and more manageable than the stiff stock cable.

i think that NT6 should be the most balanced ciem of the 2 , although i am not sure if NT6Pro would be a kinda v-shaped ciem or (according to a FR chart i had seen posted some time ago) a ciem with lifted bass and balanced mid/highs

as for the 'neutral' term , i would label the NT6 (paired with the lovely whiplash hybrid v3 cable at least....) as detailed/balanced/musical 

i have not heard NT6 with the sh.itty stock cable so i can not say how NT6 sounds in this setup

however with the whiplash hybrid v3 , the lows are robust (but never bloated) , the mids are full (but far from suryp) and the highs are super detailed (but never sibilant)

it helped me a lot that @Average Joe praised very strongly the NT6 synergy with the hybridv3  and i am set for good - NT6 is a chameleon ciem as it works well with the 2 other (150$) copper/hybrid cables i have but with the (500$) hybrid v3 it really shines

so , don't let the 'neutral' label discourage you form getting NT6 - with hybrid V3 , the neutral term almost sounds disrespectful to what NT6 brings to the sonic table, imho.

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #829 of 992
I absolutely love the pro signature. I had some concerns about the treble based on reviews since though I like sparkle I can be a bit treble sensitive sometimes. I like a bit of bass above neutral, especially sub bass, but not bass head levels. So the bass is what sold me, but the treble quality is so absolutely stunning that the amount is just right. I hope they agree to that too, but I guess it depends on how much work they would have to do to alter them to do it.

I really like them both, at one point I was considering getting the Pro together with non-Pro especially when Null Audio offered a Sale weeks ahead of Black Friday. Then my NT-6 issue happened. So frustrated that I went out to look for something similar. I would not have gotten the 333 if I still have the NT-6 working and could have gotten the Pro during the sale.

But with this experience I thought I should make the best out of it and convert to Pro instead since Hidition will literally have to rebuild my NT-6 almost from scratch and no guarantee of keeping the SQ 100% similar to my original NT-6.

Jan 3, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #831 of 992
Jan 3, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #832 of 992
My NT-6 has reached Hidition. However, they can't upgrade it to Pro.

no love lost , NT-6 is no slouch

do yourself a favor and buy the whiplash hybrid v3 cable 

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #835 of 992
i should have a demo Custom Art 8.2 next week , very curious how it will compare to NT-6 which remains so far my favorite (c)iem ever 

NT-6 is ready for the new duel 
L3000.gif

Jan 11, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #836 of 992
They are an interesting comparison. Running the CustomArt US tour right now with the XX and the 8.2. Considered the 8.2 for my replacement if the NT6pro didn't get fixed due to the Hidition communication issues. The pros were not working when I had them to launch to the tour, but they had a similar presentation with a good kick, vast detail, and clarity. I would say the 8.2 has more sweetness while the pros have more transparency, but similar in presentation.

Should have the tour units back in a couple weeks to hear them again. Hidition should be receiving my new impressions in the next day or two so maybe I will have both to compare by end of month unless Hidition takes a while to do my remold.

I am also starting a Lime Ear CIEM lineup US tour staring the Aether next month to compare them as well. Heard some very interesting reviews of the Aether where owners of both Aether and the SE5 preferred the Aether.

Jan 12, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #837 of 992
  They are an interesting comparison. Running the CustomArt US tour right now with the XX and the 8.2. Considered the 8.2 for my replacement if the NT6pro didn't get fixed due to the Hidition communication issues. The pros were not working when I had them to launch to the tour, but they had a similar presentation with a good kick, vast detail, and clarity. I would say the 8.2 has more sweetness while the pros have more transparency, but similar in presentation.

Should have the tour units back in a couple weeks to hear them again. Hidition should be receiving my new impressions in the next day or two so maybe I will have both to compare by end of month unless Hidition takes a while to do my remold.

are you getting NT6 or NT6 pro ?

NT6 is such an amazing beast , if 8.2 sounds like NT6pro it should be very good indeed

also waiting to get an idsd micro black label , very curious how well NT6 will pair with it

Jan 12, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #838 of 992

are you getting NT6 or NT6 pro ?

NT6 is such an amazing beast , if 8.2 sounds like NT6pro it should be very good indeed

also waiting to get an idsd micro black label , very curious how well NT6 will pair with it

I'm still working on getting my NT6pro fixed. Mentioned earlier that there was a pin that broke off in the socket. Hidition found other issues and suggested a remold and fix to the internals as well. 

The 8.2 has its own twist being more sweetness to the sound, but similar in punch which I find unique to these two. Most CIEMs with punch have a warmer signature losing bass definition and stepping on the mids - these have extension with definition.

Man... I am missing my pros, can wait to get them back. But the fix is not cheap taking me half way to a new pair so it better be worth it.

Jan 13, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #839 of 992
I gotta say that NT6 sounds so ******* good, it almost makes my EE athena sound like a 100$ iem 
eek.gif
 (i am exaggerating ofc, but you get my point)

man how did those Hidition guys make this beast of such clarity/separation/transparency ciem ? 

wow. just wow.

perfect ciem , indeed

Jan 14, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #840 of 992
Just got back from the biggest head fi shop in Korea. Listened to most of the big name totl iems. Nothing really impressed me except the noble kaiser 10u but I hated the fit. Didn't like the JH or AK lines at all. CA Vega were nice but didn't blow me away like they should at that price point. Only thing that compared to the NT6 pro for my preferences were the HD800S. That says a LOT. But... Now I can't stop thinking about those senns

Users who are viewing this thread

Back