HiBy W5 --> Now the W3 Bluetooth Receiver is Here with Better Buttons
Sep 8, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #196 of 267
New HiBy W3 Bluetooth Receiver is coming... Without Touch Sensitive Controls, With actual buttons.

ffad7e95.jpg
This is exciting... if it solves the horrible usage problems of the W5 (strange shape, confusing haptic touch system, very short a LDAC and UAT range)

What will be the feature set? Will it support LDAC and UAT?

Of course, the big question will be how it compares with the ES100...

Sep 10, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #198 of 267
Sep 11, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #199 of 267
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 26, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #203 of 267
It would be nice if they offered a significant discount for those of us who invested in the W5. (Mine was long since replaced with a FiiO BTR3, which looks somewhat similar to the W3.)

This looks to have a lot more potential - but I can't see myself jumping the gun on another HiBy product.

Sep 27, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #205 of 267
It would be nice if they offered a significant discount for those of us who invested in the W5. (Mine was long since replaced with a FiiO BTR3, which looks somewhat similar to the W3.)

This looks to have a lot more potential - but I can't see myself jumping the gun on another HiBy product.

Yeah, they certainly have no obligation, but as another W5 customer, I'll never buy another HiBy product, that might rescue me as a customer, though.

"Now the W3 Bluetooth Receiver is Here with Better Buttons"

So...it has buttons?

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #206 of 267
I noticed bluetooth is unusable for playing the digital piano. But AptxLL could help. But I don't think there are any devices that you can permanently set the tx and rx to AptxLL.
It would be nice for those who desire this feature.

Maybe Advanced will figure this out, since they market their gears for musicians.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #207 of 267
I noticed bluetooth is unusable for playing the digital piano. But AptxLL could help. But I don't think there are any devices that you can permanently set the tx and rx to AptxLL.
It would be nice for those who desire this feature.

Maybe Advanced will figure this out, since they market their gears for musicians.

aptX Low Latency is usually implemented in USB transmitters. You may want to give one of those a try.

Sep 27, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #208 of 267
Yeah, they certainly have no obligation, but as another W5 customer, I'll never buy another HiBy product, that might rescue me as a customer, though.

"Now the W3 Bluetooth Receiver is Here with Better Buttons"

So...it has buttons?
Having any buttons vs the W5 already makes those W3 buttons better... :)

Sep 27, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #209 of 267

Well, no need to throw the baby out with the bath, as the saying goes. The R6 Pro, for example is a great product, and based on what I am reading so is the R5.

The real issue is buying something as an early adopter... if I had withheld my purchase until more real user reviews were out post product launch I would never have bought the W5. But I got caught up and wanted the new toy, and wanted it NOW. That’s my fault, not HiBy’s... I should have been a smarter consumer. That’s also my suggestion to all.

Sep 28, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #210 of 267
Well, no need to throw the baby out with the bath, as the saying goes. The R6 Pro, for example is a great product, and based on what I am reading so is the R5.

The real issue is buying something as an early adopter... if I had withheld my purchase until more real user reviews were out post product launch I would never have bought the W5. But I got caught up and wanted the new toy, and wanted it NOW. That’s my fault, not HiBy’s... I should have been a smarter consumer. That’s also my suggestion to all.

Yes, it might have been prudent to wait for some genuine reviews first, but I can't help but feel duped by all the reviews out there beforehand raving about this product (albeit possibly a pre-production variant).

I rarely by anything witout research, and the conclusion I've come to is that I'm unlikely to ever risk a Kickstarter or HiBy purchase again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back