HiBy W5 --> Now the W3 Bluetooth Receiver is Here with Better Buttons
Sep 28, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #211 of 267
Yes, it might have been prudent to wait for some genuine reviews first, but I can't help but feel duped by all the reviews out there beforehand raving about this product (albeit possibly a pre-production variant).

I rarely by anything witout research, and the conclusion I've come to is that I'm unlikely to ever risk a Kickstarter or HiBy purchase again.

Yes, be wary of “professional “ reviewers... their input is essential, but only in the context of real people reviews who’ve paid money for a product.

Kickstarter (and by extension Indiegogo)... should be avoided - period. In the case of Hiby there really wasn’t much chance you weren’t going to get a product, but in general too many people have not gotten anything, or it has come incredibly late, or they have been disappointed with the results... people put their money down thinking they are buying a product - they are not, they are contributing to a company for a product’s development with the chance they will get something but with no guarantees - a lot of people have not understood that investing in Kickstarter and Indiegogo isn’t like buying at your favorite retailer, brick and mortar or online... And, again the product, if it ever shows up, has had no real world reviews... I have backed 14 projects, some never arriving, most being duds (like the W5), so I know what I am talking about...

As to giving up on Hiby, of course, that is your choice - you get to decide how you will spend your money! As far as I am concerned, I am glad that I did not give up on them as I have the wonderful R6 Pro to show for it.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #212 of 267
pf-dd59be62-8d4e-4076-94b9-faa9b537ca35--banner.jpg

Comes in several colors. Under US$60. Waiting for some initial reviews.

Physical Specifications
- Bluetooth Chipset CSR8675
- DAC AK4377
- Bluetooth 5.0, supports UAT/LDAC/aptX/aptX HD/aptX LL/SBC/AAC
- Bluetooth Reception Range up to 10 Meters
- Control Interface Buttons and voice prompts
- Status Indicators Blue and Red LED
- Microphone Supported
- Headphone Jack 3.5mm
- Battery 320mAh
- Battery Life 11.5 hours play time (playing AAC), 100 hours standby time
- Weight 19.5g
- Dimensions 58.82mm * 25.6mm *15.8mm (including shirt clip)

W3 Audio Specifications
- Output Voltage (32Ω load) 1Vrms
- Output power (32Ω load) 32mW+32mW(THD<1%)
- Frequency response (±3dB) (via UAT decoding) 20Hz-90kHz
- Noise floor (A-weighted) 1.1µV
- SNR (A-wt) 118dB
- LDAC THD+N:(A-wt) 0.003%
- UAT THD+N: (A-wt) 0.002%
- SBC THD+N: (A-wt) 0.04%

Sep 30, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #216 of 267
I just bought a BTR3 the day before yesterday and am still waiting for delivery... And now this. I just wish I knew 2 days ago, I'd probably would have gone for the W3 instead which comes with the latest bluetooth 5.0 chip. I'm very eager to see performance reviews soon :)

Oct 1, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #217 of 267
I just bought a BTR3 the day before yesterday and am still waiting for delivery... And now this. I just wish I knew 2 days ago, I'd probably would have gone for the W3 instead which comes with the latest bluetooth 5.0 chip. I'm very eager to see performance reviews soon :)

The BTR3 is very good - I bought one after the fiasco that was the W5. Fair play to HiBy for offering a decent discount to those of us who purchased the W5... It's tempting, but I'm not sure I can justify purchasing one in addition to the FiiO.

However, if the offer runs for long enough after we see genuine reviews rave about it, then maybe...

Oct 1, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #218 of 267
The BTR3 is very good - I bought one after the fiasco that was the W5. Fair play to HiBy for offering a decent discount to those of us who purchased the W5... It's tempting, but I'm not sure I can justify purchasing one in addition to the FiiO.

However, if the offer runs for long enough after we see genuine reviews rave about it, then maybe...
You're absolutely right in all accounts.
It's good to know also that you liked the BTR3. :)

Oct 19, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #224 of 267
Received my W3 two days ago. I do like it but like the audio of the W5 more.
Nice to have real buttons though and to have the ability to use it over USB. The clip is also much better. All in all I am satisfied with it, especially for the discounted price.

Oct 19, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #225 of 267
Received my W3 two days ago. I do like it but like the audio of the W5 more.
Nice to have real buttons though and to have the ability to use it over USB. The clip is also much better. All in all I am satisfied with it, especially for the discounted price.

Why do you prefer one over the other. I’m interested for my iPhone X max and Amazon HD music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back