1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HiBy W5 --> Now the W3 Bluetooth Receiver is Here with Better Buttons

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by CactusPete23, Jan 16, 2019.
First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16
Next

Last
  1. jsmiller58
    This is exciting... if it solves the horrible usage problems of the W5 (strange shape, confusing haptic touch system, very short a LDAC and UAT range)

What will be the feature set? Will it support LDAC and UAT?

Of course, the big question will be how it compares with the ES100...

2. moisespr123
    CactusPete23 likes this.
  3. jsmiller58
  4. Joe Bloggs Contributor
  5. moisespr123
    Thanks for letting us know.

Any news for a US launch?

6. Mouseman
    Boy, I wish the W3 had a balanced output, even if it was a little more expensive.

7. jsmiller58
    Other than UAT I think you've described the ES100

8. mruddo
    It would be nice if they offered a significant discount for those of us who invested in the W5. (Mine was long since replaced with a FiiO BTR3, which looks somewhat similar to the W3.)

This looks to have a lot more potential - but I can't see myself jumping the gun on another HiBy product.

9. Mouseman
    Yes, I know. I have the ES100 and love it, but UAT would go nicely with my new R5. It also has 3 different APT-X codecs, which might be handy.

10. reginalb
    Yeah, they certainly have no obligation, but as another W5 customer, I'll never buy another HiBy product, that might rescue me as a customer, though.

"Now the W3 Bluetooth Receiver is Here with Better Buttons"

So...it has buttons?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  11. Ynot1
    I noticed bluetooth is unusable for playing the digital piano. But AptxLL could help. But I don't think there are any devices that you can permanently set the tx and rx to AptxLL.
    It would be nice for those who desire this feature.

Maybe Advanced will figure this out, since they market their gears for musicians.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  12. moisespr123
    aptX Low Latency is usually implemented in USB transmitters. You may want to give one of those a try.

Ynot1 likes this.
  13. jsmiller58
    Having any buttons vs the W5 already makes those W3 buttons better... :)

14. jsmiller58
    Well, no need to throw the baby out with the bath, as the saying goes. The R6 Pro, for example is a great product, and based on what I am reading so is the R5.

The real issue is buying something as an early adopter... if I had withheld my purchase until more real user reviews were out post product launch I would never have bought the W5. But I got caught up and wanted the new toy, and wanted it NOW. That’s my fault, not HiBy’s... I should have been a smarter consumer. That’s also my suggestion to all.

15. mruddo
    Yes, it might have been prudent to wait for some genuine reviews first, but I can't help but feel duped by all the reviews out there beforehand raving about this product (albeit possibly a pre-production variant).

I rarely by anything witout research, and the conclusion I've come to is that I'm unlikely to ever risk a Kickstarter or HiBy purchase again.

First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16
Next

Last