Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Mar 20, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #1,516 of 1,928
There may not be a definitive answer to this. The reason given by your device was that the download was corrupted, hence it refused to install the first few times.

As for obtaining future firmware for download, updates are announced at facebook.com/hibycom and there they do post links on google drive for the new firmware to be downloaded. Hope that helps.

Thank you for your reply. I do not have Facebook but, from what I have seen, it is openly accessible, and the links too, so that is great! :)

Mar 21, 2024 at 4:32 AM Post #1,517 of 1,928
Regarding the general PEQ, a few bugs I have noticed on my player.
If the Hiby is on Auto-Rotate and is flipped at the horizontal position the import option appears and one can import, vertical cannot see the option.
The on/off light does not work on the general PEQ, it does on the Hiby App.
The PEQ setting seems to revert to off when the Hiby is powered down, so I have to go back every time to the PEQ settings and turn on manually when the unit is switched back on, very annoying.
Have to say the PEQ feature and import has made a big difference to the overall sound for me, huge improvement, would be nice if these little bugs are sorted on the next update ( unless its not only mine with these glitches ).

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 12:47 AM Post #1,520 of 1,928
Anyone use usb audio player pro instead of hiby stock app ?
Yup, I was using it on my phone before I got the Hiby so it made sense to stay with it. I actually have two music folders, one for albums and one for singles and miscellaneous tracks so I tend to use UAPP for albums and the Hiby player for the other so that the library isn't too big and unwieldy.

Mar 22, 2024 at 1:10 AM Post #1,521 of 1,928
IMG_0430.jpeg

So I’ve had an R6 Pro II for a couple weeks now and I have to say I’m really impressed with the sound. I expected a high level of detail and clarity, which it delivers, but it’s also quite musical and effortlessly drives full size headphones (at least fairly efficient moderate impedance ones with a balanced cable). I did not expect the bass to be so well handled driving planars and Imaging is superb too.It may not be particularly high power output, but it does well with what it has.

Not surprisingly it had no problems driving IEMs. It’s much closer to TOTL sound than I expected. I don’t feel like I’m missing a thing with it either using IEMs or my LCD-X.

I don’t use it for much other than Tidal so can’t speak to much of the other features other than to confirm the case is nothing special and an aftermarket case less likely to cause accidental button presses is in the works.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 4:12 AM Post #1,522 of 1,928
The PEQ setting seems to revert to off when the Hiby is powered down, so I have to go back every time to the PEQ settings and turn on manually when the unit is switched back on, very annoying.
Just for the record, mine stays on through a power off and on cycle. I didn't factory reset after installing 1.3 but it might be worth trying if yours does this. (Edit: don't forget to backup first!)

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 4:27 AM Post #1,523 of 1,928
Just for the record, mine stays on through a power off and on cycle. I didn't factory reset after installing 1.3 but it might be worth trying if yours does this. (Edit: don't forget to backup first!)
Mine stays on in the Hiby App after an on/off cycle but not in the general, only use the Hiby App so will leave be.
When you mention backup, what is it you backup and what does this entail ? Do you use a particular software for this ?

Mar 22, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #1,526 of 1,928
Joined the club yesterday I do find the mid bass a bit weak compared to my L&P W4
Never heard the W4 but compared to my other gear I’d say the R6 Pro II is pretty neutral. That said, small differences in tonality I quickly adapt to. More significant are differences in sibilance, clarity and imaging, which my brain does not tune out. How does the W4 compare in those areas?

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #1,528 of 1,928
I find the mid bass in the ie600 to be recessed. Try the built in MSEB on Digital setting and see how that sounds to you. You’ll need to select “online” to find that setting but then it should be active once selected.
Thanks I’ll give that a try. I have some CFA supermoon inbound hopefully they will give me the mid bass I feel I’m missing

Mar 22, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #1,529 of 1,928
Joined the club yesterday I do find the mid bass a bit weak compared to my L&P W4
It needs some burn-in. I gave it 48 hours and now it plays fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back