Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Nov 12, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #1,187 of 2,044
It is as programmed, however as others have mentioned, it shouldn't be affecting the temperature, when playing music, as the amplifier power consumption and heat dissipation dwarfs the CPU power consumption. If your temperature while playing music is significantly different via this setting there may be other issues involved. Have you been in contact with us via hello@hiby.com ?
Sorry for the slow reply, busy few days. I can't believe it's a good thing to have the processors running at 100% all the time? Aside from the extra heat generated it will certainly shorten the life span of the CPU and I can't believe it's necessary. Could you have a word with your people to at least ask them to allow us to leave it in Normal mode please? I didn't contact hello@ knowing you are here but can do if that's the best way.

Nov 13, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #1,188 of 2,044
Sorry for the sidenote, but does this setting happen on the RS8 too? I can't find it

Nov 13, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #1,189 of 2,044
Sorry for the slow reply, busy few days. I can't believe it's a good thing to have the processors running at 100% all the time? Aside from the extra heat generated it will certainly shorten the life span of the CPU and I can't believe it's necessary. Could you have a word with your people to at least ask them to allow us to leave it in Normal mode please? I didn't contact hello@ knowing you are here but can do if that's the best way.
It does step down from Performance e.g. when the screen turns off. I did relay your concern, perhaps it is best if you do contact hello@ detailing the temperature difference you have at the two different settings. Perhaps they will find that something other than the CPU is powering up with the setting in your case. Again, (and as others have noted) it does not usually affect operating temperature by much, they need to look into the matter in your case.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 13, 2023 at 6:52 AM Post #1,190 of 2,044
Actually it's interesting because I recently got the Cayin N7 and I remember using the cpu monitor app it was also showing cpu was at 100% like the R6proii, I hadn't checked if I can change the cpu performance yet in developer mode but, maybe it's an android 12 os thing?

Side note, Cayin told me the N7 is designed to handle up to 70 degrees at least because in class A 4.4mm PO it got also pretty hot like 50 degrees same as on Hiby R6proii on class A 4.4mm PO, I imagine that Hiby R6pro2 is similar, Joe can you maybe comment on this about device heating up to 50 degrees and that it is still okay to use?

Nov 14, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #1,191 of 2,044
Today, after listening music for few hours, I turned off my R6 II player and decided to charge it. As soon as I connected the cord plug to the player, I see standard Hibi start screen, and it continues to light up. It's been 20 minutes now. I understand that it shouldn’t be this way, but I don’t know what to do. No amount of manipulation with the player helps.
@Joe Bloggs please tell me what to do?

P.S. It helped to simultaneously hold down the "power" button and the "next track" button

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #1,192 of 2,044
Today, after listening music for few hours, I turned off my R6 II player and decided to charge it. As soon as I connected the cord plug to the player, I see standard Hibi start screen, and it continues to light up. It's been 20 minutes now. I understand that it shouldn’t be this way, but I don’t know what to do. No amount of manipulation with the player helps.
@Joe Bloggs please tell me what to do?

P.S. It helped to simultaneously hold down the "power" button and the "next track" button
Yes, that exactly happened to me once. A little panic attack later and I fixed it the way you did.

Nov 15, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #1,193 of 2,044
The only thing that comes to my mind is good old trick of plugging in/out charger so it "trickles" the battery.
Worked with some devices before for me, when they are fully discharged and do not boot up charging animation due to lack of charge (but in a meantime attempt to do the animation draws all the charge made - so one must connect and quickly disconnect charger several times).

Nov 15, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #1,194 of 2,044
The only thing that comes to my mind is good old trick of plugging in/out charger so it "trickles" the battery.
Worked with some devices before for me, when they are fully discharged and do not boot up charging animation due to lack of charge (but in a meantime attempt to do the animation draws all the charge made - so one must connect and quickly disconnect charger several times).

Sometimes connecting to a PC USB port overnight does the trick as well. I think it's the low power charging that kick-starts it.

Nov 18, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #1,195 of 2,044
Been looking at a r6 pro II or r6 iii and as both are on sale now anyone share a balanced view of both? Currently using a Sony A105. R6iii is £385, pro II is £549 so big difference in price. Only listen to IEMs. Music mostly rock, metal. Like a wide soundstage and accurate sound.

Nov 18, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #1,196 of 2,044
Been looking at a r6 pro II or r6 iii and as both are on sale now anyone share a balanced view of both? Currently using a Sony A105. R6iii is £385, pro II is £549 so big difference in price. Only listen to IEMs. Music mostly rock, metal. Like a wide soundstage and accurate sound.

Is it possible for you to try both? Personally as far as I'm concerned, if the R6 Pro II is within your budget I'm not too sure why you'd go for the R6 III, this thing is just... better

Nov 18, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #1,197 of 2,044
I’ve got both those players, and sonically I definitely prefer the Pro II. It has, to my ears, the wide soundstage and accurate sound that you mention.
With regards to usability, the R6 III is more pocket friendly when out and about, as it’s a smaller unit, plus I do prefer the volume wheel when I’m on the move, but for serious listening it’s the Pro II for me.

Nov 18, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #1,198 of 2,044

You didn't actually expect anyone to say the cheaper one is better? This is the head-fi forum after all...

Nov 18, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #1,200 of 2,044
I’ve got both those players, and sonically I definitely prefer the Pro II. It has, to my ears, the wide soundstage and accurate sound that you mention.
With regards to usability, the R6 III is more pocket friendly when out and about, as it’s a smaller unit, plus I do prefer the volume wheel when I’m on the move, but for serious listening it’s the Pro II for me.
This is the dilemma I have, do I want better practicality or better sound. I don’t need the long battery life and rarely take my DAP out and about, I guess for portability I can still use the Sony. Swaying towards the pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back