Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Oct 7, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #1,006 of 1,971
Got my player yesterday, at first I wasn't impressed, but after a play with the settings, changing the theme to something less gaudy and a few hours of break in she's really come to life.
Am I impressed, not yet but I am picking out things in songs I've not heard before, so that's always a good sign.
I feel a proper quality set of iems are next on the list.

Oct 7, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #1,007 of 1,971
20231006_191820.jpg

Oct 7, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #1,008 of 1,971
Anyone finding bt very quiet, this is with my Sony xm4's, not the end of the world as I use them with the phone mostly.

Edit - Software needed an update, all good now 👍

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #1,009 of 1,971
Maybe anyone who can help?
Few days ago I got my Hiby R6 Pro II brandnew from a local shop.
I enjoyed listening to them with the balanced output 4.4mm only. Today I tried the 3.5mm unblalanced output and realized that there is no sound. Also the complete left side (LO) delivers no sound. Only the 4.4mm headphone Output works fine.
I also saw that the headphone symbol (in the right corner of the display) never disappeared. With my other Hiby Player (R6 2020) it only appears when I connect wired headphones. When I connect the headphone jack (3.5mm or 4.4mm) the headphone symbol appears in the display and when I disconnect the connection the symbol disappears again.

I did a complete factory reset two times, still the same problem.

Do I have a defective device or is there any trick I don't know?

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #1,010 of 1,971
Maybe anyone who can help?
Few days ago I got my Hiby R6 Pro II brandnew from a local shop.
I enjoyed listening to them with the balanced output 4.4mm only. Today I tried the 3.5mm unblalanced output and realized that there is no sound. Also the complete left side (LO) delivers no sound. Only the 4.4mm headphone Output works fine.
I also saw that the headphone symbol (in the right corner of the display) never disappeared. With my other Hiby Player (R6 2020) all is fine. When I connect the headphone jack (3.5mm or 4.4mm) the headphone symbol appears in the display and when I disconnect the connection the symbol disappears again.
I did a complete factory reset two times, still the same problem.

Do I have a defective device or is there any trick I don't know?
Seems to be a defectiv device...sorry

Oct 8, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #1,012 of 1,971
Has anyone experienced volume issues with Amazon Music, where the volume goes from moderate to very loud without actually adjusting the volume? I don’t have any issues with any other music app so far, but Amazon music will ramp up with me not adjusting the volume to ear piercing loudness despite limiting in the settings my player max volume to 35. I am now afraid to use this app…. :frowning2: If there are any suggestions to fix this I would appreciate it. Just in case… yes, I am on the latest firmware. Yes, the Amazon Music app is up to date. No, I don’t have my IEMs plugged into the line out… :)

Oct 8, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #1,013 of 1,971
Got my player yesterday, at first I wasn't impressed, but after a play with the settings, changing the theme to something less gaudy and a few hours of break in she's really come to life.
Am I impressed, not yet but I am picking out things in songs I've not heard before, so that's always a good sign.
Give it time, I wasn't impressed with mine at first but 100+ hours in, it's sounding amazing. I suggest you install a radio app, find a music station, adjust the battery saver so it only charges to 80% (this will protect it), plug it in and leave it playing for a few days. You can of course use it as well, just leave it playing when you're not using it to speed up the process. This is known as 'burn in' and in my experience it's true of most Hi-Fi equipment and well worth doing, especially for headphones and IEMs where it helps the moving parts to bed in.

Oct 8, 2023 at 1:37 AM Post #1,014 of 1,971
Has anyone experienced volume issues with Amazon Music, where the volume goes from moderate to very loud without actually adjusting the volume? I don’t have any issues with any other music app so far, but Amazon music will ramp up with me not adjusting the volume to ear piercing loudness despite limiting in the settings my player max volume to 35.
I use Amazon Music and don't have that problem, it works fine for me. I know it's a pain but have you tried factory reset? It may solve it for you.

Oct 8, 2023 at 1:39 AM Post #1,015 of 1,971
HIBY R6 Pro 2

Just some short impressions after my first week with R6P2.

Love the design and how slim it is, nice coming from the brick N7. I have had no problems at all with my R6P2, only been musical fun.
As for sound, N7 is slightly warmer in the bass and also has added treble brightness. R6P2 actually have fuller mids than N7, in general R6P2 is more neutral sounding with just hint of warmth.
The sound profile of R6P2 just make all my IEMs work, and it also drives all my earbuds to a decent level.

Positives:
Sound is really good, you wont miss anything when using IEMs or easy to drive headphones.
Soundstage is very good and almost at N7 level.
Construction and design
Stable software, I actually had more problems with N7. Weird since HIBY develop the software for Cayin also.
Very clean and silent outputs on both lineout and phone side.
Screen, its gorgeous and big. Puts N7 to shame...
Price is excellent , totally worth the cost.

Negatives:
Buttons are positioned bad, way to easy to skip a song when adjusting volume on right side as you then squeeze.
Case while nice looking don't help the button issue, and make it worse. I know I can mod it.
Battery is okay, but drain relatively fast even on low gain and AB.
Could have wished for more power, but this would have added on the price and bulk of the DAP.

Not saying its better than N7, but the positives with price make it better for my use case.
And with that my N7 is sold and I don't regret at all, or for now. :beerchug:

1695233685720.png

1695233559664.png

1695233658201.png

Have you tried the dynamic extending plugin by @Joe Bloggs? Easily one of my favorite DSP tricks and the ability to use those user-developed mods is one of the highlights of HiBy Android DAPs to me.

Oct 8, 2023 at 1:59 AM Post #1,016 of 1,971
Have you tried the dynamic extending plugin by @Joe Bloggs? Easily one of my favorite DSP tricks and the ability to use those user-developed mods is one of the highlights of HiBy Android DAPs to me.
Yeah it's a very nice tool to have, both the plugin and MSEB software are things making it hard to move to other brands again 😉

Oct 8, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #1,018 of 1,971
Has anyone experienced volume issues with Amazon Music, where the volume goes from moderate to very loud without actually adjusting the volume? I don’t have any issues with any other music app so far, but Amazon music will ramp up with me not adjusting the volume to ear piercing loudness despite limiting in the settings my player max volume to 35. I am now afraid to use this app…. :frowning2: If there are any suggestions to fix this I would appreciate it. Just in case… yes, I am on the latest firmware. Yes, the Amazon Music app is up to date. No, I don’t have my IEMs plugged into the line out… :)
I haven’t used Amazon Music in a long time. This sounds like you’ve enabled “Loudness Normalization” in settings.

Oct 8, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #1,019 of 1,971
Where do I get it, I tried looking around but to no avail.
1. Connect to WiFi
2. Pull down notification shade and tap "audio settings"
3. Tap Plugins and wait for the list of online plugins to refresh

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 8, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #1,020 of 1,971
I haven’t used Amazon Music in a long time. This sounds like you’ve enabled “Loudness Normalization” in settings.
Thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately, thats not it as that is disabled. Interestingly this isn't something that happens between songs but rather while a song is playing... weird...

Screenshot_20231008-094454.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back