Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Oct 2, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #991 of 1,971
Sorry if this is a noob question but why does this cable (https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005003416774515.html) don't work with my R6 Pro II on USB DAC mode with my computer (tested with another computer too and it also didn't worked) ?
This cable works fine with my Samsung S22 Ultra and I can transfer files without any issues.
And the R6 Pro II works fine on USB DAC mode with both the stock cable and a USB Corsair Virtuoso cable I have here.

Does the R6 Pro II require a specific protocol on the cable to be able to use the USB DAC mode ?

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2023 at 2:01 AM Post #992 of 1,971
You need to exit HiBy Music first as it would have asked for and obtained exclusive access to the USB port for audio.
I managed to fix the issue. I recently got a few Type C to USB B and USB A to USB B cables from JDS Labs in the US and they were working perfectly fine with my previous DAPs/phone/ laptop when I connected these sources to my desktop DACs.

However, when I moved to R6 Pro 2, I could not play any music via JDS Labs cables. I ran from pole to post and suddenly decided to try changing the cable. I used one of the old USB A to USB B cables that I had lying around and voila! I was able to play music via Tidal and Apple Music via type c of the R6 Pro 2 when connected to a desktop DAC.
Two things that still confuse me.

Why would R6 Pro 2 refuse to output music via Tidal and AM via JDS labs cable when it’s allowing the Hiby player app?
What compatibility issue is there with R6 Pro 2 and JDS cables when the same cables were working absolutely fine with other DAPs, phones and laptops?

Oct 3, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #993 of 1,971
How can I disable the gap between songs on Apple Music on this device ?
It skips to the next track without the current one being completely finished.

Oct 3, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #995 of 1,971
My only issue is I sure would like a volume wheel.
Me too, but maybe that’s why the R6 Pro II commands such a low price (relative to its SQ).

Oct 4, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #997 of 1,971
Looking forward to seeing just how this sounds, it'll be my first proper dap for many years.
I have a sansa fuze and p4 warbler, that sadly both no longer function but it sounded incredible.
I'm hoping this little Hiby will at least get me close, I have a cayin r6 and whilst it's good is like I'm only halfway to where I'd like to be.
I prefer a more spatial sound, I learned a while back that I don't get on with ess sabre DACs, but I love the old burr brown sound.
Either way I'm really looking forward to this 🥰

Oct 4, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #998 of 1,971
Dear friends here is my HiBy R6 Pro II review for anyone interested.
The timbre master!
IMG_20230809_185144.jpg

Oct 4, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #999 of 1,971
Oct 6, 2023 at 1:11 AM Post #1,001 of 1,971
Great review!

Bit of a newbie question but how are your Crystal 6s set up with this? Mine sound terrible with so much background noise/hissing with this combo
Hi, thank you.
Background noise with the Crystal 6 II?
I haven't experienced such an issue even at class A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back