Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Jul 12, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #721 of 2,044
Why does the volume control work with the balanced line out? On true line out you get max volume then control volume with the amp. :spy::slight_frown:
Not always, volume can be fixed or not.

Jul 12, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #722 of 2,044
Why does the volume control work with the balanced line out? On true line out you get max volume then control volume with the amp. :spy::slight_frown:
Because the DAC itself incorporates an analog volume control. It confuses the heck out of people but we'd rather offer a feature that is there and live with the questions than remove it and have people with a real need for it (amps with volume control in too high a range for their earphones, amps *without* a volume control. Monoblock much?) go needy.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 12, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #723 of 2,044
@Joe Bloggs
Any news on Roon (bit perfect) compatibility?

Jul 12, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #724 of 2,044
It was already said that there is a Software bug and it will be fixed in a future firmware update.
Edit: This bug was related to the gain, not the volume control. My bad.

Jul 13, 2023 at 10:16 PM Post #726 of 2,044
Just received mine! Did anyone factory reset upon receiving theirs? Mine had two saved wifi networks and said Jason chen on the lockscreen so I factory reset mine. Think I lost some sample music maybe lol

Jul 14, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #728 of 2,044
Just received mine! Did anyone factory reset upon receiving theirs? Mine had two saved wifi networks and said Jason chen on the lockscreen so I factory reset mine. Think I lost some sample music maybe lol
That appears a bit weird to me.
Mine arrived clean.
But wiping yours was a good idea then...

Jul 14, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #729 of 2,044
It doesn’t come with any pre-loaded content other than a boring wallpaper which is there also after a factory reset. You didn’t lose anything !

I do wonder who Jason Chen is and why he was on your device 😂

Jul 14, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #730 of 2,044
That appears a bit weird to me.
Mine arrived clean.
But wiping yours was a good idea then...

Yea it was a bit weird. Bought from Hifigo. The front screen has the screen protector installed, but I thought it includes the protection sheet on top that I would have to peel off. The protector on the back carbon fiber did include that for me to peel off. But aside from that it does look sparkling clean...maybe they did an excellent job at cleaning it :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It doesn’t come with any pre-loaded content other than a boring wallpaper which is there also after a factory reset. You didn’t lose anything !

I do wonder who Jason Chen is and why he was on your device 😂

Thanks! I know right?!? Hahaha. My box didn't come with any tape holding it together, like I can unbox it without pieces of tape holding it together. Yours the same? Just curious.

Jul 14, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #731 of 2,044
Jul 14, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #733 of 2,044
Yep something weird going on. I just watched an unboxing on youtube and it does show the box fully sealed in plastic wrap. And opening the box it shows the device still with a white tab to pull off the front protection protector on the front sheet. Mine did look pristine out of the box but I'll email Hifigo to see what's up. Thanks guys.

Jul 14, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #734 of 2,044
How does this compare to;

iBasso DX320
Shanling M6 Ultra

Trying to find the right balance of size/portability and performance. Have those in possession at the moment.

Jul 15, 2023 at 12:10 AM Post #735 of 2,044
Yep something weird going on. I just watched an unboxing on youtube and it does show the box fully sealed in plastic wrap. And opening the box it shows the device still with a white tab to pull off the front protection protector on the front sheet. Mine did look pristine out of the box but I'll email Hifigo to see what's up. Thanks guys.
Was it listed as "new"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back