HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Aug 11, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #6,497 of 6,622
Sorry if this has already been asked, but how does this compare to AK SR25?

Aug 22, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #6,498 of 6,622
Joined the Hiby R6 ownership crew this week. Thoroughly enjoying the clean sound and power pushing some large cans on the hammock. Haven’t been on the DAP train since my iPods‘ batteries died (years ago), while relying on desktop DAC/amps to enjoy tunes at the levels they should be enjoyed.

Closed Aeon 2s + R6 + Amazon HD@192k are keeping the wife and kids less angry with me at the moment. The Sendy Aivas are definitely the favorite pairing with this little device, but can’t do that in the same room with everyone else. Looking forward to working around the headphone wall with a new piece of gear!

I was thrilled to see one of the many system updates take advantage of the higher bit rates Amazon HD can do, but the physical side buttons no longer advance the next track. Is there a setting that will make the currently playing app operate with the physical buttons?

Aug 22, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #6,499 of 6,622
I saw HiBy's R8 announcement, and the mention it would run OS based on Android 9.
Any plans to upgrade R6 to run on Android 9 as well?

Aug 23, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #6,500 of 6,622
Hi Everyone, my r6 is having trouble powering on, I looked through the thread again since it's been awhile since I checked, but the solutions I found haven't worked.

Currently tried holding Power for 30 seconds and then 5 seconds to restart, no response from device. I've also tried Volume + and volume - with Power, and also with just + or - and Power, also no response.

Wondering if anyone has any other ideas, please keep in mind I have replaced the glass back myself and was still on stock firmware since I couldn't get Android 8 on.
[/Q
Hi Everyone, my r6 is having trouble powering on, I looked through the thread again since it's been awhile since I checked, but the solutions I found haven't worked.

Currently tried holding Power for 30 seconds and then 5 seconds to restart, no response from device. I've also tried Volume + and volume - with Power, and also with just + or - and Power, also no response.

Wondering if anyone has any other ideas, please keep in mind I have replaced the glass back myself and was still on stock firmware since I couldn't get Android 8 on.

Hi try charging with a <2amp charger and do NOT press any buttons till the Hiby screen comes up(usually 5-10min) or the red charging indicator light, Works for me.

Aug 23, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #6,501 of 6,622
Joined the Hiby R6 ownership crew this week. Thoroughly enjoying the clean sound and power pushing some large cans on the hammock. Haven’t been on the DAP train since my iPods‘ batteries died (years ago), while relying on desktop DAC/amps to enjoy tunes at the levels they should be enjoyed.

Closed Aeon 2s + R6 + Amazon HD@192k are keeping the wife and kids less angry with me at the moment. The Sendy Aivas are definitely the favorite pairing with this little device, but can’t do that in the same room with everyone else. Looking forward to working around the headphone wall with a new piece of gear!

I was thrilled to see one of the many system updates take advantage of the higher bit rates Amazon HD can do, but the physical side buttons no longer advance the next track. Is there a setting that will make the currently playing app operate with the physical buttons?
Did you find that the buttons worked with Amazon HD before one of the updates? They should respond to music apps but Amazon HD has always been one of the exceptions as far as I knew...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 24, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #6,502 of 6,622
Did you find that the buttons worked with Amazon HD before one of the updates? They should respond to music apps but Amazon HD has always been one of the exceptions as far as I knew...

Thanks for the response Joe. Yes, out of the box the buttons worked with Amazon HD. On the third day of ownership I began doing updates and have no idea what the original version was. There were quite a few updates to do.

Aug 24, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #6,503 of 6,622
@Joe Bloggs - any plan to upgrade R6 to run on Android 9 (like the new R8)?

Aug 27, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #6,504 of 6,622
Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #6,505 of 6,622
I recently purchased a Hiby R6 and it’s a fantastic DAP with great sound quality and features. However, I have problem updating to the latest firmware update. Currently my HiBy R6 is running firmware v1.22GBeta and there is apparently a new update at v1.86. However, when I try to update firmware it tells me firmware is already up to date. Please advise.

Edit. I just viewed the post above and I am trying to download the file but it stops downloading at 500mb. I am wanting to download to see if this works.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #6,506 of 6,622
Aug 28, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #6,507 of 6,622
deleted double post.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #6,508 of 6,622
Ok, I’ve downloaded the v1.86G firmware update and successfully installed it on my R6 and it’s awesome. I don’t know if it’s imagination but the sound quality has got better since updating.

The Hiby R6 is the sweetest sounding DAP I have owned since my Sony X1000 DAP. The EQ and MSEB bring out the music to its best.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #6,509 of 6,622
Thanks for the response Joe. Yes, out of the box the buttons worked with Amazon HD. On the third day of ownership I began doing updates and have no idea what the original version was. There were quite a few updates to do.

I got this straight. Had to uninstall/reinstall Amazon HD to get the side buttons working right. This is my first time owning an Android device ---> feels like going from a Mac to a PC.

Sep 2, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #6,510 of 6,622
I got this straight. Had to uninstall/reinstall Amazon HD to get the side buttons working right. This is my first time owning an Android device ---> feels like going from a Mac to a PC.

The physical buttons stopped working again today. I had Spotify and Amazon open at the same time to listen to a song in the Spotify catalog that Amazon didn't have.

After closing Spotify, Amazon no longer responded to the next and play buttons. I had to uninstall/reinstall Amazon to get it working again. Soooo... the conclusion is to ONLY have Amazon HD installed on my R6 if I want to use the side buttons. Or continue to uninstall/reinstall it if I ever open another music app.

Hoping someone knows something I don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back