HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Sep 2, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #6,511 of 6,622
Is there any way of hiding certain albums from the HiBy app's album view? I have a large playlist from multiple artists that I'd like to hide from the albums view.

Sep 16, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #6,512 of 6,622
It's been a while since i browsed this forum because i've been using my R6 problem free through lock down. A couple of days ago i decided to see if there were any updates and there was so i updated to the latest firmware but now it won't pair with my car stereo using bluetooth. Has anything changed to cause this issue? is there any settings i can play with to try and resolve the problem?

Sep 16, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #6,513 of 6,622
I'm running 1.86G with no problems. Connects to any bluetooth device I try, speakers, ear buds, car stereo. I don't know what you have tried. I would shut off bluetooth on your R6 and then turn it back on and let it try to find whatever you are trying to connect to.

Sep 17, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #6,514 of 6,622
Thanks for the reply michaelsxr. I have to turn off Bluetooth and turn it back on almost every time i want to connect to a device anyway so i've tried that but it really doesn't want to to connect to the car stereo. I've tried removing the pairing from both devices but they won't repair. Very odd.

Sep 17, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #6,515 of 6,622
Just had another go at using my R6 in the car and on closer inspection the device does pair to the car stereo but then all the stereo displays on the screen is loading and nothing else happens. I can't see any obvious settings on the R6 to change and it seems like a permissions issue of some sort, but what i don't know.

Sep 21, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #6,516 of 6,622
My battery has been giving me utter grief lately. Today it discharged in under an hour. I got one song out of it.
When I got home I took the R6 out of the case and the back popped off. The battery has swollen.
I need to get a new one but I can't fine which one to get. Also it's not looking hopeful for replacing the battery without a good soldering iron.
What are my options? Obviously it's out of warranty. Battery date is June 2018.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #6,518 of 6,622
My battery has been giving me utter grief lately. Today it discharged in under an hour. I got one song out of it.
When I got home I took the R6 out of the case and the back popped off. The battery has swollen.
I need to get a new one but I can't fine which one to get. Also it's not looking hopeful for replacing the battery without a good soldering iron.
What are my options? Obviously it's out of warranty. Battery date is June 2018.
As an interim solution, you might try getting an Anker Powerslim 5000. It’s almost the exact size of the R6 , super thin, and has grippiness to keep it from sliding around. I use a tiny usb to usb-c wire and it’s a pretty sleek setup. (And cheap!
Bummer about your battery though

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #6,519 of 6,622
As an interim solution, you might try getting an Anker Powerslim 5000. It’s almost the exact size of the R6 , super thin, and has grippiness to keep it from sliding around. I use a tiny usb to usb-c wire and it’s a pretty sleek setup. (And cheap!
Bummer about your battery though

Hello Luke Skywalker,

Can you Share any Photos from this Combo...?

Thank you

Oct 8, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #6,520 of 6,622
My Hiby R6 will not shut down keeps rebooting, i did a factory reset but for whatever reasons it will not shut down completely unless i get to the android robot, then hold power button until it does shut down, i sure as heck don't want to keep doing that. Any suggestions?

Oct 20, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #6,521 of 6,622
Can any Hiby R6 users help me out on whether it is possible to get mono playback? I’m think of getting a Hiby to hook up to an amp so will mostly be using it line-out. Is there a setting that lets you switch from stereo to mono? I’m a jazz head and lots of the classic recordings sound better when played back in mono. Also, if there is mono setting, how easy is it to access it? Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Oct 21, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #6,522 of 6,622
Can any Hiby R6 users help me out on whether it is possible to get mono playback? I’m think of getting a Hiby to hook up to an amp so will mostly be using it line-out. Is there a setting that lets you switch from stereo to mono? I’m a jazz head and lots of the classic recordings sound better when played back in mono. Also, if there is mono setting, how easy is it to access it? Any help on this would be much appreciated.
You can get it using the Sound filed (sic) plugin for the default HiByMusic player on the R6. Set width to 0 and you get mono.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 21, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #6,523 of 6,622
My Hiby R6 will not shut down keeps rebooting, i did a factory reset but for whatever reasons it will not shut down completely unless i get to the android robot, then hold power button until it does shut down, i sure as heck don't want to keep doing that. Any suggestions?
That is odd... email service@hiby.com ?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Oct 21, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #6,525 of 6,622
Thanks for your help, but does that mean I wouldn’t be able to do that if streaming from something like Tidal?
You won't be able to do that with MQA tracks on TIDAL on any player because MQA prohibits DSP.

If you're talking about regular tracks, "Sound Filed" (sic) is available as a systemwide audio plugin as well, if your R6 is running latest Android 8.1 firmware.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back