HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Nov 27, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #4,801 of 6,628
Hiby found a new way to squeeze out a little more money it seems.
I ordered a R6 and paid $20 for DHL Express.
A few days later they sent me a tracking code with a tracking link to the DHL site.
2 days later I notice the package is trackable with 4PX!
And these are slooooow!~
They keep telling me they sent it by DHL even after I sent screenshots from the tracking sites as proof.
Money gone and still have to play the waiting game :frowning2:
From where to Netherlands ? Asia to Netherlands DHL is like 50 USD.

Nov 27, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #4,802 of 6,628
From where to Netherlands ? Asia to Netherlands DHL is like 50 USD.
Could be. DHL has different levels.
Don't know, don't care.
They offer DHL shipping for $20.
I pay $20 so I expect DHL shipping. Izze simple.

Nov 27, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #4,803 of 6,628
Could be. DHL has different levels.
Don't know, don't care.
They offer DHL shipping for $20.
I pay $20 so I expect DHL shipping. Izze simple.
And should get there by two days. Ive been using dhl put of Hong Kong for 7 yrs and its been for a dap, heavy, minimum 450 to 500 HKD.

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #4,804 of 6,628
And should get there by two days. Ive been using dhl put of Hong Kong for 7 yrs and its been for a dap, heavy, minimum 450 to 500 HKD.
Yep, with DHL 2 days.
But with crapty 4PX the package didn't even leave China in 2 days.
When mailing to Hiby they respond fairly quickly but the answers are standard answers that don't help.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #4,805 of 6,628
I am really seeing people turn away from Hiby or not consider it because of its terrible customer support. So sad i really liked the R3 and want to like the R6 Pro.

Nov 27, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #4,806 of 6,628
I am really seeing people turn away from Hiby or not consider it because of its terrible customer support. So sad i really liked the R3 and want to like the R6 Pro.

I am seeing similar comments about Astell&Kern dropping off support of devices once they are replaced with a new generation. Yet, their rep posts regularly on this forum.

Which DAP companies have a reputation for good customer support? I am currently using the Radsone EarStudio ES100 Bluetooth DAC with HD6xx/650 and their support on this forum is incredible, right down to building out their app directly from posted suggestions and being willing to reveal technical detail about their product few other companies will.

I don’t think most of these companies recognize the value of customer engagement (different than customer support or ongoing device support) and how it can build goodwill in your brand and drive sales.

Nov 27, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #4,807 of 6,628
I am seeing similar comments about Astell&Kern dropping off support of devices once they are replaced with a new generation. Yet, their rep posts regularly on this forum.

Which DAP companies have a reputation for good customer support? I am currently using the Radsone EarStudio ES100 Bluetooth DAC with HD6xx/650 and their support on this forum is incredible, right down to building out their app directly from posted suggestions and being willing to reveal technical detail about their product few other companies will.

I don’t think most of these companies recognize the value of customer engagement (different than customer support or ongoing device support) and how it can build goodwill in your brand and drive sales.
well said. despite being such an awesome player for me - I am quite shocked at such little forum presence since @Joe Bloggs left. He was super active and I purchased this unit seeing how engaged he, as a Hiby rep was.

Nov 27, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #4,808 of 6,628

You said it better than what i wanted to and yes the right word is "customer engagement". Thanks for that.

Nov 27, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #4,809 of 6,628
well said. despite being such an awesome player for me - I am quite shocked at such little forum presence since @Joe Bloggs left. He was super active and I purchased this unit seeing how engaged he, as a Hiby rep was.
^ That's exactly what i am talking about. @fanoble

Nov 27, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #4,810 of 6,628
Interesting. I found hiby’s customer support to be quite reasonable. Surprised to read this statement that people are turning away because of bad customer service.

There are always some people who turn away from a company because of a bad experience with customer support. Whether it’s apple, samsun, ford, nissan, lg, southwest, att, comcast, microsoft, hertz, some local restaurant, etc. etc.

The question for me isn’t whether such things occur. The question is whether the occurences are statistically relevant. Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t, just nit sure whether statistically relevant or not.

Especially given my good experience with hiby’s customer support. Certainly better than my experience with att, perhaps not as good as my experience with amazon or zappos (which is, go figure, now a part of amazon). Still, not bad at all, and i’ve worked with them twice.

Nov 27, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #4,811 of 6,628
Interesting. I found hiby’s customer support to be quite reasonable. Surprised to read this statement that people are turning away because of bad customer service.

There are always some people who turn away from a company because of a bad experience with customer support. Whether it’s apple, samsun, ford, nissan, lg, southwest, att, comcast, microsoft, hertz, some local restaurant, etc. etc.

The question for me isn’t whether such things occur. The question is whether the occurences are statistically relevant. Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t, just nit sure whether statistically relevant or not.

Especially given my good experience with hiby’s customer support. Certainly better than my experience with att, perhaps not as good as my experience with amazon or zappos (which is, go figure, now a part of amazon). Still, not bad at all, and i’ve worked with them twice.

Their support used to have @Joe Bloggs with them, this is why it was really awesome before.

Nov 27, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #4,813 of 6,628
xjj.png
Yes, my new would-be colleagues are no slouches at customer service. It's just that the company seems to have abandoned active customer *engagement* on head-fi as a strategy, preferring to wait for people to seek them out via the official channels (email, facebook inbox). With the amount of work they have to deal with I can't blame them.
xjj.png

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 27, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #4,814 of 6,628
Which DAP companies have a reputation for good customer support?...

iBasso & Cayin come to mind. I have found Hiby to be quite reasonable albeit I have not had to rely on their support with most info being gleaned here in the threads. R6, despite a few quirks, is a very capable DAP.

Nov 27, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #4,815 of 6,628
I like Hiby and was trying to help when i said people are turning away from Hiby because of lack of customer engagement, strategy or not, at least 4 people have cited that very reason to me for avoiding Hiby. I personally have had no problems with Hiby. I want to see them do better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back