HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Nov 25, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #4,786 of 6,628
I tried an Onkyo XPA-1 and Sony Dap and had nothing but problems with Tidal skipped tracks on downloaded music .
I bought this Hiby and have been very happy . No skipping , static on downloaded tracks and sounds pretty good .
I think it needs a stronger amp section . The 10 ohms impedance doesn’t bother me , I have a ifi ie match anyway .
Overall this is the best dap I have tried .

Nov 26, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #4,789 of 6,628
Question, I just upgraded my SD card size. I copied all the files over directly from the old card and renamed the card to be the same in Windows as the previous card. File locations are all the same in the new card. Playlists on the r6 no longer work, it gives me file not found....

What step am I missing here? I do notice in folder browsing mode in the hiby music app that the cards designation is a bit different, but I don't know if I can edit that....

Nov 27, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #4,790 of 6,628
I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who doesn't get the buffering issues on the native Tidal app. It's such a great player to me having had no issues. Even though I've upgraded to SE100 and should really sell off the R6, I'm going to have a real hard time bringing myself to do so.

The R6 Pro, at its price and with lower output impedence, will take over the world if they can rectify the quality control issues and customers can be confident in purchasing a working as intended product.

Nov 27, 2018 at 1:52 AM Post #4,791 of 6,628
I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who doesn't get the buffering issues on the native Tidal app. It's such a great player to me having had no issues. Even though I've upgraded to SE100 and should really sell off the R6, I'm going to have a real hard time bringing myself to do so.

The R6 Pro, at its price and with lower output impedence, will take over the world if they can rectify the quality control issues and customers can be confident in purchasing a working as intended product.
How bad is the QC?
Also es100? Radsone? Upgrade? :)

Nov 27, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #4,792 of 6,628
How bad is the QC?

Well it's perfect for me and everything works as intended. However I see lots of people reporting WiFi issues which make streaming a problem, which is a little disappointing considering streaming with DTA was a key selling point for many customers.

Astell and Kern SE100.

Nov 27, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #4,793 of 6,628
Well it's perfect for me and everything works as intended. However I see lots of people reporting WiFi issues which make streaming a problem, which is a little disappointing considering streaming with DTA was a key selling point for many customers.

Astell and Kern SE100.
Thanks for that. Yes that's a definite upgrade.

Nov 27, 2018 at 2:51 AM Post #4,794 of 6,628
How bad is the QC?
QC is excellent from my perspective. Unlike others I’ve not had issues apart from the balanced port which was attended to quickly and without fuss.

I’ve decided to move to a Ryuzoh-modded ZX300 purely because I can see full Android is overkill for me. The R6 remains a stunning player in my view.

Nov 27, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #4,796 of 6,628
Streaming at the gym on WiFi is impossible with the Hiby R6 . This really sucks as that is how I was planning to use it. Yeah I could always download but I want the streaming to work and it just won’t unless you are very close to the router.

Nov 27, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #4,797 of 6,628
Question, I just upgraded my SD card size. I copied all the files over directly from the old card and renamed the card to be the same in Windows as the previous card. File locations are all the same in the new card. Playlists on the r6 no longer work, it gives me file not found....

What step am I missing here? I do notice in folder browsing mode in the hiby music app that the cards designation is a bit different, but I don't know if I can edit that....

Did you rescan music with “scan playlists” turned on?

Nov 27, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #4,798 of 6,628
Did you rescan music with “scan playlists” turned on?
No, I didn't scan. I simply tried to play given everything was in the same directory. I wanted to try that prior to scanning.... And since it didn't work I didn't scan.

The option on hiby music is "create playlists from m3u files". Is that the option you mean?

Nov 27, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #4,800 of 6,628
Hiby found a new way to squeeze out a little more money it seems.
I ordered a R6 and paid $20 for DHL Express.
A few days later they sent me a tracking code with a tracking link to the DHL site.
2 days later I notice the package is trackable with 4PX!
And these are slooooow!~
They keep telling me they sent it by DHL even after I sent screenshots from the tracking sites as proof.
Money gone and still have to play the waiting game :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back