HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 6, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #1,231 of 6,628
When I plug in a 3.5mm to RCA stereoncable into the line out, there are low level noise on my speaker when no song is playing. No issue with when connected to the headphone output.

@Joe Bloggs - what is the channel to feedback on bugs or issues.
Thank you for the listening impressions! It sounds like this will be a good compliment to my KANN (R6 likely slightly warmer).

I'm concerned about the line out issue... I use line out a LOT (to a portable tube amp, or to a speaker-based rig at home).

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #1,232 of 6,628
Thank you for the listening impressions! It sounds like this will be a good compliment to my KANN (R6 likely slightly warmer).

I'm concerned about the line out issue... I use line out a LOT (to a portable tube amp, or to a speaker-based rig at home).

Please tell us more about this portable tube amp you have.

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #1,233 of 6,628
Please tell us more about this portable tube amp you have.
Well, depends upon how portable... I have a full-sized speaker tube amp I carry between rooms on occasion :) but you probably mean portable in the commonly accepted sense of the word... for that I have an ALO Continental V2. Oldie but goodie. ALO is still making it, in a V5 version.

Feb 6, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #1,235 of 6,628
Well, depends upon how portable... I have a full-sized speaker tube amp I carry between rooms on occasion :) but you probably mean portable in the commonly accepted sense of the word... for that I have an ALO Continental V2. Oldie but goodie. ALO is still making it, in a V5 version.

Thanks for the info, I'm looking for a tube amp to keep on the night table for late night listening before bed. That little ALO looks sweet but it's a bit pricey for me for the amount that I would use it I think.

Feb 6, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #1,236 of 6,628
Thanks for the info, I'm looking for a tube amp to keep on the night table for late night listening before bed. That little ALO looks sweet but it's a bit pricey for me for the amount that I would use it I think.
Search for a used Continental (which is what I did!) if you want a true portable.. or look at the Oriolus BA-10 OAK... or something like a Schiit Vali if you just want nightstand use..!

Feb 6, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #1,239 of 6,628
Feb 6, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #1,241 of 6,628
Search for a used Continental (which is what I did!) if you want a true portable.. or look at the Oriolus BA-10 OAK... or something like a Schiit Vali if you just want nightstand use..!
Thank you I will check them out. I was hoping the tube amp filter on the hiby r6 might actually be decent but I haven't heard much about it yet except that I think twister6 said he didn't hear much of a difference between the filters but I'm sure it's something Joe and the hiby team will be working on in future updates.

Feb 6, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #1,242 of 6,628
Thank you I will check them out. I was hoping the tube amp filter on the hiby r6 might actually be decent but I haven't heard much about it yet except that I think twister6 said he didn't hear much of a difference between the filters but I'm sure it's something Joe and the hiby team will be working on in future updates.

Those filters which i think spoken of are "slow" "fast" and "mini" has nothing to do with tube amp filter.

Here is some explanation. On filters. This is on Cayin N3 which has even more.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...oax-out-for-150.833932/page-242#post-13671284

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #1,243 of 6,628
Feb 6, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #1,245 of 6,628

Users who are viewing this thread

Back