HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jan 6, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #781 of 6,622
So for anyone with a non-bottomless wallet this player would be as good a player as they are likely to be able to hear/afford? Or is that jumping too far past what you intended?

Pretty much, given most music, headphones and IEMs out there. This and the X7II at least. I haven't tried as many players as some other people though.

Jan 6, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #782 of 6,622
I like the black one, does the colour light changes with the different audio quality files??

NVW, my bad. YES, it does changes the light color!!! :)

hiby_r6-x01.jpg hiby_r6-x02.jpg hiby_r6-x03.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #783 of 6,622
I knew I made the right choice in picking the black aluminum! Very pretty!

Cheers and can't wait for the review!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Indeed!!!

hiby_r6-x04.jpg hiby_r6-x05.jpg hiby_r6-x06.jpg hiby_r6-x07.jpg hiby_r6-x08.jpg hiby_r6-x09.jpg

Jan 6, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #784 of 6,622
Jan 6, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #786 of 6,622
Thanks.
Finally.
Maybe if I just buy this one DAP then I'll never have to buy another one...............
And so, one more victim falls into the Head-Fi trap...Bwaa Haa Haa!! (evil laugh)...:smiling_imp::wink:
You do realize that we all have said, "then I'll never have to buy another one...".

Tongue-in-cheek but surprisingly true...:wink:

Cheers and Good Luck!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Jan 6, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #787 of 6,622
And so, one more victim falls into the Head-Fi trap...Bwaa Haa Haa!! (evil laugh)...:smiling_imp::wink:
You do realize that we all have said, "then I'll never have to buy another one...".

Tongue-in-cheek but surprisingly true...:wink:

Cheers and Good Luck!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Oh I know only too well, I've already been through a dozen or more DAPs thanks to the enthusiastic posts on here!

Jan 6, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #788 of 6,622
@twister6 and @Currawong - do any of you got FiiO X5III for comparison?
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I love the sound signature of X5III (very smooth, somewhat warm, extremely musical and fun). Would the R6 be more of that (but better, of course)? AFAIK the X7II is way more neutral / analytical / "non-fun" compared to X5III and I am NOT looking for that...

ANY feedback is welcome. I really like the looks (especially black version), and the responsiveness and GUI / software in general is VERY tempting. The price is fair, too. Only missing piece is the sound signature :wink:

Looking forward to any review or even initial sound signature impressions...

Zachi.

Jan 6, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #790 of 6,622
I love the sound signature of X5III (very smooth, somewhat warm, extremely musical and fun). Would the R6 be more of that (but better, of course)? AFAIK the X7II is way more neutral / analytical / "non-fun" compared to X5III and I am NOT looking for that...

The R6 has three tunings you can choose in software: Reference, Warm and Tube Amp. The latter two are very subtly different from "Reference" but I'd still say the DAC is more analytical in presentation overall. I tried it against the Mojo, and I prefer the warmer and more natural presentation of it, but that's a large reflection of the music and headphones I like and use too.

Jan 6, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #792 of 6,622
The R6 has three tunings you can choose in software: Reference, Warm and Tube Amp. The latter two are very subtly different from "Reference" but I'd still say the DAC is more analytical in presentation overall. I tried it against the Mojo, and I prefer the warmer and more natural presentation of it, but that's a large reflection of the music and headphones I like and use too.

Do the tunings affect streaming services as well? Do any of the effects or eq affect streaming services, particularly Tidal? Can someone check?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back