HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jan 5, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #766 of 6,622
I think this is getting pointless now. Gentlemen, i urge you to stop this ridiculousness .. please! Please have due consideration for other members and guests on this forum. Some understanding would be much appreciated.

Jan 5, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #768 of 6,622
Well if you addressed just Joe then just PM him like how others have suggested. It doesn't seem like anyone else is raising this concern. So no, I would not rather wait till Joe responds, but request that you just PM him at this point.
Well,I'm part of this campaign but I still would have appreciated if Joe could give assurance to backers from the company. So why go private if others are interested ? I didn't wait for him to pledge though.
But my last funding (Hidizs AP200) was rather chaotic, and it was a company that already had other devices on the market...

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #770 of 6,622
@Joe Bloggs
Ok, I'll ask more directly.
If you are NOT able to produce the R6's, will we get a refund?

Ok. *Deep breath*

As others have mentioned this answer is mostly a PR exercise, I can promise the sky and there's nothing forcing us to deliver it at the end in terms of a worst case scenario. Nevertheless I'll try to be as frank as possible.

The R6 is already being produced. People can buy them right now in China, albeit in limited quantities and with lack of software features pledged or implied in the Indiegogo campaign (e.g. Play Store, aptX support, MageSound 8-ball, soundfield enhancer...). Said limited quantities nevertheless have almost been as many as the amounts pledged in the IGG campaign so far. Even as we speak we're building up stock to be sent out in March and upgrading to a larger scale factory that would allow us to build up stock faster. That's why I regard delivery of the IGG backers' units as a virtual certainty and did not "bother" to address your worst case scenario directly.

Now, what would it take to go from the current outlook to a final scenario of the units ending up a no-show? I would say it would take a force majeure, major natural disaster level of "worst case", say an earthquake blowing up both our factory and warehouse. Where do we go from such a "worst case"? I would say that all the resources we would have put into the virtual certainty of producing the R6s would then be destroyed and we would have spent all the money you guys gave us to manufacture the R6s with very reasonable expectation of having units to ship but somehow *not* having units to ship. Liquidating the company at that point may or may not produce enough money to refund all our backers. So no, I can't promise that you will get a refund if you don't get your R6, for the simple reason that (I reiterate) your crowdfunding money has already been spent on manufacturing, with very reasonable expectation of a whole lot of R6s produced by March.

Yours sincerely,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 5, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #771 of 6,622
Ok. *Deep breath*

As others have mentioned this answer is mostly a PR exercise, I can promise the sky and there's nothing forcing us to deliver it at the end in terms of a worst case scenario. Nevertheless I'll try to be as frank as possible.

The R6 is already being produced. People can buy them right now in China, albeit in limited quantities and with lack of software features pledged or implied in the Indiegogo campaign (e.g. Play Store, aptX support, MageSound 8-ball, soundfield enhancer...). Said limited quantities nevertheless have almost been as many as the amounts pledged in the IGG campaign so far. Even as we speak we're building up stock to be sent out in March and upgrading to a larger scale factory that would allow us to build up stock faster. That's why I regard delivery of the IGG backers' units as a virtual certainty and did not "bother" to address your worst case scenario directly.

Now, what would it take to go from the current outlook to a final scenario of the units ending up a no-show? I would say it would take a force majeure, major natural disaster level of "worst case", say an earthquake blowing up both our factory and warehouse. Where do we go from such a "worst case"? I would say that all the resources we would have put into the virtual certainty of producing the R6s would then be destroyed and we would have spent all the money you guys gave us to manufacture the R6s with very reasonable expectation of having units to ship but somehow *not* having units to ship. Liquidating the company at that point may or may not produce enough money to refund all our backers. So no, I can't promise that you will get a refund if you don't get your R6, for the simple reason that (I reiterate) your crowdfunding money has already been spent on manufacturing, with very reasonable expectation of a whole lot of R6s produced by March.

Yours sincerely,
Joe

Thanks Joe for your professional response, and I do apologize for the numerous posts replying to others. So basically the answer you gave was pretty much what I expected and I'm cool with that. It would of been ultra cool to guarantee refund as some campaign creators do, but perhaps they are backed by men that eat white tigers for lunch and trashing Bugatti's for fun.

One thing I'd recommend is giving us occasion images of them being produced, you know teasers. Not only will that ease our pain in waiting, but it will also give us a visual treat and give us great confidence during the production phase. You probably would have done this already without me saying it but..ya know.

Thanks for understanding where some of us are coming from. Some of us work hard for that $500 so we need that extra assurance.

Have a great day Joe!

Jan 6, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #773 of 6,622
A box arrived yesterday.

Hiby_R6-IMG_0179.jpg

Jan 6, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #777 of 6,622

Attachments

• Hiby_R6-IMG_0181.jpg
    Hiby_R6-IMG_0181.jpg
    562.5 KB · Views: 0
Jan 6, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #779 of 6,622
I've run tracks from a few reference albums so far -- Alexis Cole binaural, Julia Fisher and Friday Night in San Francisco and done a quick AK380 comparison using the Utopia and RE2000. So far it is going to be battling off the X7II once I get it back. Both are close enough to what an AK380 can do that on most music I doubt anyone would notice a difference.

Jan 6, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #780 of 6,622
I've run tracks from a few reference albums so far -- Alexis Cole binaural, Julia Fisher and Friday Night in San Francisco and done a quick AK380 comparison using the Utopia and RE2000. So far it is going to be battling off the X7II once I get it back. Both are close enough to what an AK380 can do that on most music I doubt anyone would notice a difference.

So for anyone with a non-bottomless wallet this player would be as good a player as they are likely to be able to hear/afford? Or is that jumping too far past what you intended?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back