HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 6, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #1,217 of 6,622
FYI I got a tracking number 30 seconds ago...for a SS R6 shipping to Australia. Kudos to Hiby and @Joe Bloggs for beating expectations especially around Chinese New Year. Kung Hei Fat Choi Joe!!!
That’s fantastic! When did you place your SS order?

Fingers crossed mine is included in this initial shipment, although no tracking # yet!

Feb 6, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #1,219 of 6,622
There's a good chance that I'll be selling my R6 as soon as I get it. So if anyone wants a Black Ally version with leather case (brand new, and unopened), then keep a watch on the sale section.

(I'm pretty happy with the AR-M20 that I bought while waiting for March to arrive).

Feb 6, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #1,220 of 6,622
There's a good chance that I'll be selling my R6 as soon as I get it. So if anyone wants a Black Ally version with leather case (brand new, and unopened), then keep a watch on the sale section.

(I'm pretty happy with the AR-M20 that I bought while waiting for March to arrive).

Okay?? If i were you i really compared both
Es9028 dac chip sounds pretty amazing.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #1,221 of 6,622
Not sure if it's just my unit but the wifi is all over the place. It goes from 1 bar to full bar but most of the time 2-4 bar. Even in the same room at the Netgear Orbi router, it's still 4 bar. Have rebooted the device and no change. Remove the wifi setup and re-setup again. Still no difference.

Feb 6, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #1,222 of 6,622
Not sure if it's just my unit but the wifi is all over the place. It goes from 1 bar to full bar but most of the time 2-4 bar. Even in the same room at the Netgear Orbi router, it's still 4 bar. Have rebooted the device and no change. Remove the wifi setup and re-setup again. Still no difference.

You could try a different channel on the router.
But how does it sound.

Feb 6, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #1,225 of 6,622

Hi There i would be interested in buying from you
regards
Danny

Feb 6, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #1,228 of 6,622
You could try a different channel on the router.
But how does it sound.

Note: this is not a 1 to 1 comparison. It's just a comparison of what my current setup is compares to R6. My usual setup is iPhone 7 plus thru ifi micro dsd using Hiby app or Onkyo app. I listen on either Hifiman HE560 headphone or Aktimate Blue speaker. It's also a matter of personal preference.

R6 soundstage is not as wide as my current setup. It's more forward. It's also a bit warmer and has less clarity eg. the timbre on a hi hat. It might be the cables used. I could not get the included coax cable to work either with ifi or the powered speaker. Both work fine with other sources. When I plug in a 3.5mm to RCA stereoncable into the line out, there are low level noise on my speaker when no song is playing. No issue with when connected to the headphone output.

With HE560 I have to listen at volume 90 and above. Don't have a balance cable to test the balance output.

It's a great portable player which I will use for travel and as a transport for thru ifi at home if I can get the coax to work.

@Joe Bloggs - what is the channel to feedback on bugs or issues.

Feb 6, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #1,229 of 6,622
Note: this is not a 1 to 1 comparison. It's just a comparison of what my current setup is compares to R6. My usual setup is iPhone 7 plus thru ifi micro dsd using Hiby app or Onkyo app. I listen on either Hifiman HE560 headphone or Aktimate Blue speaker. It's also a matter of personal preference.

R6 soundstage is not as wide as my current setup. It's more forward. It's also a bit warmer and has less clarity eg. the timbre on a hi hat. It might be the cables used. I could not get the included coax cable to work either with ifi or the powered speaker. Both work fine with other sources. When I plug in a 3.5mm to RCA stereoncable into the line out, there are low level noise on my speaker when no song is playing. No issue with when connected to the headphone output.

With HE560 I have to listen at volume 90 and above. Don't have a balance cable to test the balance output.

It's a great portable player which I will use for travel and as a transport for thru ifi at home if I can get the coax to work.

@Joe Bloggs - what is the channel to feedback on bugs or issues.

Thanks for the first impressions...

You could try the app soundabout in the Playstore to route the audio out on the Coax.

Feb 6, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #1,230 of 6,622
Thanks for the first impressions...

You could try the app soundabout in the Playstore to route the audio out on the Coax.

Great to see so much help here!!! ( And ....knowledge !!! )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back