HF-2
Jul 26, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #556 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by ABathingApe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are correct I am confusing brokerage with actual border duties. I never get those USPS duties you speak of though. I've been burned SOO many times with UPS, because their brokerage fee is $20-$30.

Anyways, back on topic...I can't wait for these phones! And I hope they don't make a model based on the HF2's.

Actually UPS brokerage fees depend on the value of the item processed converted to CDN dollars..

UPS: Rates for Customs Clearance into Canada

Canada Post's brokerage fee is approx. $6 regardless of the value of the item.

I Never have anything shipped by UPS or FedEx always USPS/Canada Post!

Jul 26, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #557 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuck57 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually UPS brokerage fees depend on the value of the item processed converted to CDN dollars..

UPS: Rates for Customs Clearance into Canada

Canada Post's brokerage fee is approx. $6 regardless of the value of the item.

I Never have anything shipped by UPS or FedEx always USPS/Canada Post!

I've had such horrible luck with UPS. It seems to me like a single package cannot be shipped with UPS without incurring brokerage and the taxes. FedEx and USPS/Canada Post often have packages get through without getting charged brokerage.

I believe UPS is a bit better than before with some additional shipping modes which include the brokerage fees. I remember in the past getting some records which cost about $20 USD and have UPS charge $35 brokerage plus the tiny bit of tax owed.

Jul 27, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #558 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by driley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had such horrible luck with UPS. It seems to me like a single package cannot be shipped with UPS without incurring brokerage and the taxes. FedEx and USPS/Canada Post often have packages get through without getting charged brokerage.

I believe UPS is a bit better than before with some additional shipping modes which include the brokerage fees. I remember in the past getting some records which cost about $20 USD and have UPS charge $35 brokerage plus the tiny bit of tax owed.

Exactly - NEVER ever use UPS (total ripoff!), avoid FedEx if possible and ALWAYS ask for USPS. I have been selling records on eBay for over 12 years and learned this lesson the hard way some years ago. I also ask for USPS Ground (1st Class) UNinsured seeing as 12 years/5000 items later and I NEVER (repeat NEVER) ever had a package go missing, and only one damaged shipment to eastern Europe in all those years.
Also when shipping from Canada I often ask for the cheaper Surface Delivery option since most of those surface items still end up going Airmail (really!).
I did get stuck a few months ago with the seller of my ESW10JPN's and he shipped UPS and claimed original value - cost me $88.00 in fees ($50 of that for unnecessary brokerage from UPS). So like I said - avoid UPS at all costs.
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #559 of 1,149
I would just like an estimate of when I am getting mine, could people who just got theirs shipped out post what their order numbers were? Thanks a lot if you can.

Jul 27, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #560 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by revolink24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would just like an estimate of when I am getting mine, could people who just got theirs shipped out post what their order numbers were? Thanks a lot if you can.

Order numbers won't help because Todd doesn't just sell HF-2s. You should ask people for date of purchase to get a rough estimate.

Jul 27, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #562 of 1,149
There were 500 of these phones produced for sale to Head-Fi members and yes, I'm afraid they are all pre-ordered/sold out. However, Todd has established a waiting list for cancelled orders and there is also a thirty day return policy. You might want to contact Todd for further details.

Jul 27, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #563 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There were 500 of these phones produced for sale to Head-Fi members and yes, I'm afraid they are all pre-ordered/sold out. However, Todd has established a waiting list for cancelled orders and there is also a thirty day return policy. You might want to contact Todd for further details.

Todd has also closed the waiting list now, so there is no way of getting these through Todd anymore.

Jul 27, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #564 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldn't count on returns, either. If someone doesn't like their pair, it'll probably end up in the For Sale Forum, and likely for more than they paid.

Jul 27, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #567 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't count on returns, either. If someone doesn't like their pair, it'll probably end up in the For Sale Forum, and likely for more than they paid.

Excellent point!

Jul 27, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #569 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

True. If one were to receive an HF-2 and don't like it for whatever reason, by returning it to Todd, you are going to lose at least $20 in shipping costs (to and from). And you would have to wait to get the CC or PP charges reversed.
From a financial perspective, one should at the very least sell it in the FS forum for slightly more than they paid to cover+recoup shipping costs (+ PayPal fees if applicable). I'm very sure if anyone did that, they would get at least a dozen offers within an hour. This is what I would do...I'm sure some will beg to differ.
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #570 of 1,149
I have an HF-2 on order and am currently very skeptical that it will best my current Grado favorite, the RS-1. I hadn't thought about it, but it makes sense that if I didn't like the HF-2 I would just turn around and sell it for $429 plus whatever the shipping was. That would save me the $15 to send it back to Todd.

If most people are thinking this way...don't expect many returns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back