HF-2
Jul 25, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #541 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by ABathingApe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if any Canadians have received HF2's yet, and if they have whether or not they've been hit with duties. Well I'd think it would only be GST, since they are made in the US? PST for the other provinces too
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes there is at least one in Canada, another local HF'er has his pair which I've had the chance to listen to.

Provided they don't slip through customs, the amount of tax the buyer is going to pay will depend on the province. Here on PEI we pay GST + brokerage fees but most, if not all, other provinces charge both GST + PST or HST if they have the combined tax + brokerage fees.

Jul 25, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #542 of 1,149
Just got back home from a week's vacation, and what should be on my desk but #163. I have been listening for about 20 minutes and I am definitely in love.
I especially like the way they are playing with my amp.

But like any sudden infatuation, it may look different with some perspective (which means some time and comparisons with then 325s).

Jul 25, 2009 at 12:08 PM Post #543 of 1,149
Is there a cheap-ish/$10-20 (p)leather bag online somewhere? For all one's storage and transportation needs. I'm specifically worried of the metal getting scratched.

EDIT:
Never mind. I've googled Head-Fi and am finding quite a bit of information.

Jul 25, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #544 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleEs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was this what Todd actually said in his reply to your email (in bold) -

It's possible that Grado may produce a new model based on the HF-2 depending on the number of people being put on the waiting list. Lets be honest here, Grado is a business, and for every person on the list, it's a potential sale for Grado and if Todd has a hundred people on the list, that's a lot of $$$$$$$$.......

If they continue the HF2 run then all hell will break loose, that would be a major backstabbing action.
I'm not seeing them launch a new HF2-like model so soon. Same reason as why they won't continue the HF2 run and most potential buyers for a headphone in the Grado line around SR325/RS2 price are on the HF2 run and that regular model (PS2?) would be more expensive too, RS1 price and probably even more.

Jul 25, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #545 of 1,149
Talk of additional HF2's, HF3's or a new Grado model based on the HF2 is nothing more than scuttlebutt, which serves no useful purpose. Why do people continue to do this rather than take Todd at his word? Read over his posts. If you managed to secure an order for one of the 500 HF2's manufactured for Head-Fi members, just be patient and you will receive it. If you didn't place your order in time and would still like to try and obtain a pair, contact Todd to put you on the waiting list for cancelled orders and keep your fingers crossed. You just never know, you might get lucky. Let's stop this speculation that has no factual basis please. If I was Todd, I couldn't ship the 500 HF2 orders out quickly enough so I could put this trouble and strife behind me. More HF2's or HF3's in the offing after this pandemonium? What is he nuts?

Jul 25, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #546 of 1,149
Guys remember people have a 30 day return option after they have got them. If some people after that time decide to send it back, one on the list might get it... That is the reason for him holding a waiting list

Jul 25, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #547 of 1,149
No, they would be sold as B-stock, not new. Todd has said this. The waiting list is for CANCELLED orderes, not returned.

Jul 25, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #548 of 1,149
Those waiting and missing the cancelled orders will probably have the b-stock offered as alternative.

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #549 of 1,149
I would expect that the waiting list gets priority on B-Stock, but Todd has said they will be sold for an agreed upon price different from that of the new HF2.

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #550 of 1,149
Does your credit card get charged before you get a shipping notice? I checked my webstatement and it showed that I have been charged already, but have not received any notice of shipment yet.

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #551 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3NTAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does your credit card get charged before you get a shipping notice? I checked my webstatement and it showed that I have been charged already, but have not received any notice of shipment yet.

Yours is coming.
beerchug.gif

Jul 26, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #552 of 1,149
I listened to a HF-2 today at the NJ meet and I must say I was really impressed with them. They were setup adjacent to a HD800 and so it is obvious they lost out to the HD800. But they were the best Grado in the room, which included the RS-2, GS-1000 and some others I could not remember since I went back to take a more extensive listening of the HF-2s. No idea what the great hulahoop of misprint is all about, they are such nice sounding cans and a long term keeper.

Jul 26, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #553 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes there is at least one in Canada, another local HF'er has his pair which I've had the chance to listen to.

Provided they don't slip through customs, the amount of tax the buyer is going to pay will depend on the province. Here on PEI we pay GST + brokerage fees but most, if not all, other provinces charge both GST + PST or HST if they have the combined tax + brokerage fees.

We don't have PST in Alberta, only 5% GST. What I don't get is, with NAFTA, why we would be paying brokerage on top of our taxes. Grados are made in the USA are they not?

Jul 26, 2009 at 11:30 AM Post #554 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by ABathingApe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We don't have PST in Alberta, only 5% GST. What I don't get is, with NAFTA, why we would be paying brokerage on top of our taxes. Grados are made in the USA are they not?

I believe you're confusing brokerage fees and duty. Brokerage isn't a tax, it's a fee charged essentially for processing of an item coming across the border. The fee is arbitrary depending on the shipping service. USPS typically charges a flat $5 fee whereas UPS can charge outrageous amounts of money which is why I won't buy anything that ships UPS, I've been burned too many times with that one.

Jul 26, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #555 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe you're confusing brokerage fees and duty. Brokerage isn't a tax, it's a fee charged essentially for processing of an item coming across the border. The fee is arbitrary depending on the shipping service. USPS typically charges a flat $5 fee whereas UPS can charge outrageous amounts of money which is why I won't buy anything that ships UPS, I've been burned too many times with that one.

You are correct I am confusing brokerage with actual border duties. I never get those USPS duties you speak of though. I've been burned SOO many times with UPS, because their brokerage fee is $20-$30.

Anyways, back on topic...I can't wait for these phones! And I hope they don't make a model based on the HF2's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back