HF-2
Jul 7, 2009 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,149

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
Hi All,
It appears an error has occurred on the HF-2. The engraving does indeed have Grado Head-F1 Headphone HF2 on the aluminum enclosure.

First I would like to make it completely clear that the error was not spotted before the headphones were shipped by either Grado Labs or by TTVJ. Had either of us noticed the error we would have announced it and given you the option to buy it or not.

So here is the deal… there are enough enclosures done this way to produce 500 HF-2 headphones. There is no way to correct the F1 engraving error and the remaining HF-2 headphones will be built and sold with the current engraving. As it stands now, we are going to make the cutoff for the HF-2 at 500 headphones or July 31st. – whichever comes first. There are currently about 400 orders placed.

I currently have more of the HF2 headphones in stock and ready to ship. To ship your orders on hand I would like your confirmation that you still want the HF-2 (please e-mail us at todd@ttvj.com). On Friday shipments will resume to confirmed orders. Grado Labs is still building and shipping 50 a week to me until 500 are sold or whatever the number is on July 31st.

Both John and I apologize for this but we both feel strongly that this is a great headphone at a great price. We will leave it up to you as to whether or not you can live with the cosmetic error.

John has graciously volunteered to send an additional $10 to Head-Fi for each HF-2 sold which could mean up to as much as $5000 additional funds for Head-Fi!

Todd

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 1,149
Well I'm def sticking with my order.
I think for the chance to have a mini PS-1000 I can over look the leet speak on the side of my headphone ^^

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #4 of 1,149
Thanks for the update Todd. I can't wait to get them... and even hope (in a twisted sort of way) that many people before me in line decide NOT to buy them
smily_headphones1.gif

I figured the other cups were already made and engraved. I would've ordered all of them at once.

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #8 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by astroid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, this means that the ones with HEAD-FI are the rarest ones!

Todd, is this the case? Are the units sold at CanJam the only ones not engraved F1?

Whatever it is, I'm sticking by my order. Sort of a shame that I'm not a motor sport type of person.

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #10 of 1,149
Rather than the engraving, which is what it is and people can choose to buy or not, folks should really pay attention to the rest of Todd's announcement that the cut-off date is July 31st and that there will only be 500 made. These have become my go-to headphones since returning from CanJam, and I have some nice headphones. I wouldn't want anyone to miss out if they were considering getting them. Also, note that anyone who has ordered needs to confirm that order with Todd asap.

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #12 of 1,149
I should be getting mine in today...

So essentially there are less than 50 with headfi spelled correctly?

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #13 of 1,149
This sucks!
very_evil_smiley.gif

That makes only 20-something HF-2s the way they were meant to be (HEAD-FI HF-2). Those lucky ones who attended CanJam '09. Would not surprise me if these become highly sought after...

Oh well, no HF-2 for me then. Cause I can not live with the flaw.

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #14 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rather than the engraving, which is what it is and people can choose to buy or not, folks should really pay attention to the rest of Todd's announcement that the cut-off date is July 31st and that there will only be 500 made. These have become my go-to headphones since returning from CanJam, and I have some nice headphones. I wouldn't want anyone to miss out if they were considering getting them. Also, note that anyone who has ordered needs to confirm that order with Todd asap.

I have to agree with Boomana, though I have numerous other headphones to choose from, I spend the majority of my time listening to the balanced HF-2s as I cannot get over how good these guys sound in the different systems I have thrown them into. These actually have more head time than my HD-800s at the moment as I find they are not as picky about source material and sound good with whatever I feed them.

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #15 of 1,149
Hmm well mine should have been sent on Friday, but on the USPS site they still appear on the acceptance place...

Anything going wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back