HF-2
Jul 24, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #526 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What commitment are you making by having your name on a waiting list?

Don't really want to argue about it, it's just not the way I do things. If there is a product to wait FOR, I'll go on the waiting list to get one. If not, I'm not going to waste my time getting dicked around. Thanks.

Jul 24, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #527 of 1,149
I don't see how he's dicking you around. He's just offering to put you at the front of the line, should something come up. And given that you're only here for the hf2s, I'm not sure what lengths you'd expect anyone to go for you. I think he's being generous.

Jul 24, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #528 of 1,149
We will never know the frequency response, the sensitivity and the impedance ?
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #529 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazzantini /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We will never know the frequency response, the sensitivity and the impedance ?
evil_smiley.gif

Not officially..

If Todd doesn't get back to you on something, does that mean it's a no? I e-mailed him two days ago about adding the Grado 1/4-to-1/8 adapter to my order but haven't gotten a response. I assume that means either a "No" or that they're sold out of those, since they do seem to be sold out for an indefinite period of time at some places (like Headroom). Still, it would be nice to have gotten some feedback without having to call every time for something..

Jul 24, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #531 of 1,149
Quote:

About adding the Grado 1/4-to-1/8 adapter to my order I have got a reponse today.

When did you ask?

Jul 24, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #533 of 1,149
Todd is always very responsive to any question I've ever had in the 4 or so years I've been buying stuff from him. Something strange must have happened if he didn't get back to you within a business day or two.

I wouldn't consider it being dicked around... that would be more if you ordered something and they kept telling you it was coming for months and never shipped it. Being on a waiting list with full disclosure that you may or may not get one is something completely different. Most would call that a extra courtesy.

He's going out of his way to hold product for people if someone cancels or gets first dibs if another run is produced. With 6ish more weeks of shipments, I'd bet there will be several people canceling their order.

Jul 24, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #534 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by dan1son /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Todd is always very responsive to any question I've ever had in the 4 or so years I've been buying stuff from him. Something strange must have happened if he didn't get back to you within a business day or two.

When I called him a while back discussing HF-2 payment he told me he had read the e-mails I had sent him one or two business days before I sent the call.. yet he had not written me back with any responses.

I am going to try again and see what happens.. for what it's worth, I've been using the "Contact Us" page on ttvj.com. Either way the lack of response to two out of three inquiries (I received a rather quick reply on a concern about my address) is quite unsettling to me, especially since I've already put down ~$430 of the order through PayPal.

Jul 24, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #535 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I called him a while back discussing HF-2 payment he told me he had read the e-mails I had sent him one or two business days before I sent the call.. yet he had not written me back with any responses.

I am going to try again and see what happens.. for what it's worth, I've been using the "Contact Us" page on ttvj.com. Either way the lack of response to two out of three inquiries (I received a rather quick reply on a concern about my address) is quite unsettling to me, especially since I've already put down ~$430 of the order through PayPal.

Remember, he's had to deal with a ton of flack over the "F1" thing and the consequent community HF2 uproar. He's probably got a lot on his plate right now...I can totally understand the concern (PayPal actually screwed up my order, and made him refund my money, which PayPal didn't tell me about / give me back for over a week, right at the end of the run..."unsettling" doesn't begin to cover it), but, given Todd's stellar reputation around here, he probably needs to be cut some slack at the moment.

Jul 24, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #536 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by aristos_achaion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remember, he's had to deal with a ton of flack over the "F1" thing and the consequent community HF2 uproar. He's probably got a lot on his plate right now...I can totally understand the concern (PayPal actually screwed up my order, and made him refund my money, which PayPal didn't tell me about / give me back for over a week, right at the end of the run..."unsettling" doesn't begin to cover it), but, given Todd's stellar reputation around here, he probably needs to be cut some slack at the moment.

Yeah, I'm aware of his reputation and that's why I'm staying calm and still have my order in. I'm just kind of miffed that some people are getting their requests fulfilled (see Mazzantini getting his adapter added when he placed his request today), whereas my request of the same type has been, I assume, ignored, despite being sent two days earlier. This is a very legitimate reason to be curious and a little upset, especially when it's happened twice, but I'll wait.

Jul 24, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #537 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by aristos_achaion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I talked to Todd last, around 2 weeks ago, he said they're very busy right now, and are taking time and care to make sure they get things right. He also said if you are really concerned, calling him is the best way to get an answer.

He and the lady I spoke to were both very professional, right on top of things, and had no difficulty telling me the answer to the question(s) I asked about my order.

Jul 24, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #538 of 1,149
got mine today #192
They sound great with bowls, did not like them with flats.
The weight of the cable is a bit of a drag and I find it needs to be cradled on something so its not pulling the phones down. Comfort is tolerable once the head band is bent a little better then sr225's I had. I think these will grow on me, glad I jumped on the wagon.

Jul 24, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #539 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I'm aware of his reputation and that's why I'm staying calm and still have my order in. I'm just kind of miffed that some people are getting their requests fulfilled (see Mazzantini getting his adapter added when he placed his request today), whereas my request of the same type has been, I assume, ignored, despite being sent two days earlier. This is a very legitimate reason to be curious and a little upset, especially when it's happened twice, but I'll wait.

amex-black-card-centurion.jpg

I send you a centurion. Calm
wink.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #540 of 1,149
Quote:

I send you a centurion. Calm
wink.gif

I will observe the part after the period, but ????? at the sentence before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back