Heir Audio 3.AI vs. Heir Audio 4.AI vs Sony EX1000!
Sep 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #2 of 26
I haven't heard the Westone W3 personally, but based on what I read, and measurements I've seen of the W3s, I would have to say that the closest thing on the list to that sound would have to be the 3.Ai.  IDK if it'd be an upgrade though.  If you are looking for a similar sound, those would probably be the direction to take.  

If you want something to contrast the W3s, the 4.Ai or the EX1000s may be the better route.  

Sep 8, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #3 of 26
Hi, thanks for the reply.

I just dont want the 4.AI since I heard its very neutral and I personally dont like boring flat earphones. So yeah... I also am a "semi-basshead" that means I love bass quality quantity but not too much haha. I want something more than the W3s.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Sep 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #4 of 26
Best paring I have had with my S9 is Triple-fi 10. Lift Mach3bass to about +4 and you should be satisfied. Personally I don't think EX1000 will have the rumble you want. And from what I've heard about 3A-i is it lacks ability to reach very low.

Sep 9, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #6 of 26
If you ever get the chance, it may be a good idea to audition the 3.Ai.  It may be just what you're looking for.  Or at least find someone who's heard both to do a comparison.  

Sep 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #7 of 26
Ugh, hate the TF-10s fit... So thats a no no. If there are no other suggestions ill be happy to just stick with my W3

Haha. Luckiiy my ears were blessed for a TF10 fit. I still think there's probably better choices out their SQ wise.

I'm with tinyman, hang in there, see who responds to this thread and do as much research as you can before jumping in.

Goodluck!

Sep 9, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #10 of 26
Have not heard the 3.Ai or W3 but are meant to be quite similar but do own the EX1000 and 4.Ai. They are both flat but the 4.Ai is far from boring but the EX1000 is a bit too dry likely for what you want.

In this review I do a full comparison of them so check the review out and:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/622235/review-heir-audio-4-ai-could-we-have-perfection

Also you would need an amp with the EX1000.

Sep 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #11 of 26
Quote:
Have not heard the 3.Ai or W3 but are meant to be quite similar but do own the EX1000 and 4.Ai. They are both flat but the 4.Ai is far from boring but the EX1000 is a bit too dry likely for what you want.

The 3.Ai and W3 aren't meant to be anything similar to the 4.Ai (IDK about EX1000s).  Dang, just look at the waterfall for the W3, the thing screams bass texture and fun.  Not neutral...

That graph does not say anything near neutral...  Heck, it doesn't even say balanced...  It screams bass monster XD (which the Heir Audios are as well).​

Sep 9, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:
I never said they are meant to be similar, thats why i seperated the 4.Ai and EX1000 away from W3 and 3.Ai :p

Then you worded that entire statement in a very funny way.  It read like the 3.Ai and W3 were similar to the 4.Ai and EX1000...  

Sep 9, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Bold was one part and the underline something else. Just written a bit slapdashed i guess as was early over in the UK.

Sep 9, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:
Bold was one part and the underline something else. Just written a bit slapdashed i guess as was early over in the UK.

That was probably the cause.  

I read it like this:Have not heard the 3.Ai or W3 but are meant to sound similar but do own the EX1000 and 4.Ai.  

The sentence in general makes little sense, so glancing through it, I pulled out key words which made this little statement.  That but threw me off.  A better way to phrase it would be, "I don't own the 3.Ai or W3 (which are meant to sound similar).  I do own the EX1000 and 4.Ai, they are flatter and more neutral..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back