1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by bugstone, May 7, 2019.
First

Back
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Next

Last
  1. joseph69
    Hopefully so, but I think "should" is the key word.

Hifiearspeakers and Rayzilla like this.
  2. Pale Rider Contributor
    But what was the answer, if any, on the XLR pin arrangement?

3. joseph69
    There was no answer. I just inquired after seeing there are different pin layouts as I was looking to place an order. I'll keep you posted on their reply.

Pale Rider likes this.
  4. joseph69
    @Pale Rider
    When I searched for standard 4-pin female mini XLR I came up with this.
    mini-xlr-4-pin-female-straight.jpg
    But I'm not going to assume.

Pale Rider likes this.
  5. Beagle
    Does anyone know if the AMT headphone driver is "closed" in the back (front-firing only), or if it is open (similar to a planar) that allows sound out both the front and the back?

6. JaZZ Contributor
    It is open...

[​IMG]

7. Hifiearspeakers
    According to Resolve Reviews, an Audeze cable works, which means so will a ZMF and Meze Empyrean cable.

phthora, Pale Rider and joseph69 like this.
  8. jmills8
    One side is reference and if one flips the ear cup its musical ?

9. Pale Rider Contributor
    Thanks. Missed that.

Hifiearspeakers likes this.
  10. joseph69
    Audeze is shows the same pin layout for their 4-pin XLR in their balanced diagram.

7330909.png

11. paradoxper
    Correct. As well, they have committed to shipping UPS Next Day Air on their dime for the allotted pre-orders.

12. Mark Up
    Frequency Response Graphs are often accurate. Rare cases they are not, like how Audeze-LCDX (open) has the best sub bass of all of their LDC (heard repeatedly on several through several playback sources). This despite graphs showing more roll off below 30-40 hz than the LCD-2. Yet the LCD-2 (even the "bassier" (lol) pre-Fazor) in comparison have noticeably less, very weak sub bass below 40 hz. The graphs are in that rare case totally the opposite of what you hear. If they could make a newer "LCD-1B" model ("B" for bass) that had the LCDX sub bass power, it would sell hugely (of course they won't) vs. the weak rolled off bass on their current LCD-1. I digress. The graph for the HEDD show (which again may vary from actual listening) too much high mids vs everything else (in our most sensitive 3-4 khz area). Good high end response, and just not enough total sub bass (shelf) level.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  13. Hifiearspeakers
    You may be right about the upper mids, that has yet to be determined. But a graph can only tell you the amount of treble at a specific frequency. What it can’t tell you is the quality of the treble. That has to be heard.

For example, the 800S has a lot more treble energy from 6K —> 20K than the Hifiman Ananda. And yet it doesn’t bother me at all. But I can’t listen to the Ananda for a lot of material because its treble, especially at 8K, really bothers me. But from the frequency response, alone, I would have thought that the 800S would be unlistenable for me. Instead, it’s one of my favorites of all time. I only owned the Ananda for 2 weeks....

14. phthora
    Honestly, this is why I am holding off. I am concerned that this one might be too bright for my taste. At this point, I'm waiting for the official, non-preliminary (just 'liminary'?) measurements to come out. That's my last real concern. Looks like my amp will run it, my cables will fit it, the price seems okay... but those measurements seem lean-sounding.

Mark Up likes this.
  15. Beagle
    I think you're quite right. And I've heard that it is in the treble region (mostly upper) where measuring can be problematic. Only your ears can tell for sure.

Mark Up and Hifiearspeakers like this.
First

Back
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Next

Last