1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by bugstone, May 7, 2019.
First

Back
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
Next

Last
  1. zolkis
    Indeed. Fell for the looks, thanks for reminding :). It's been long time I used AMT tweeters :).

DarginMahkum likes this.
  2. Beagle
    For a planar, that looks really nice. Actually looks to enhance the presence range, rather than the usual suckout in that area.

3. adydula
    Jude,

Please tell us more about the custom built THX AAA 888 amp. Is there a thread that you talk about this amp?
    Dont want to hijack this thread but I notice the equiment you use and am wondering how this custome built 888 differs from the 887 Monoprice amp and the Drop version.

Thanks
    Alex

4. 518141
    It's also not a tweeter...
    Or is your tweeter able to reproduce a frequency range from 10 Hz - 40 kHz? I do not think so.
    It is a full-range headphone AMT driver. HEDD uses the VVT - Variable Velocity Transform - technology (patent pending) which is a new membrane geometry to make the driver full range capable. This driver uses varying folds instead of a solid geometric structure.

5. GREQ
    Regardless of the preliminary nature of these graphs, is there a database of all your previous measurements we can use for comparison?
    Sorry if you've mentioned this before somewhere else, but they're difficult to interpret without reference points.

Art Garfunkel and buonassi like this.
  6. zolkis
    You have missed irony. They have always been tweeters until now, used with lower or higher xover. I know how they work, as I have used them in loudspeakers.
    https://www.hificollective.co.uk/drive-units/mundorf-amt-tweeters.html

BTW I am waiting for Lowther to make headphones now. :)

Venture Guy likes this.
  7. JaZZ Contributor
    It's not a planar, but an AMT. As regards the «enhanced presence range», you have to take into account that the curve is «uncompensated». After applying the Harman compensation curve the 3-4 kHz hump will have disappeared.

8. metal571
    I've been saying for some time now, if there are going to be only raw measurements posted, at least overlay the raw DF or Harman comp along with it. I still cannot understand why this isn't being done. I know that Jude is very partial to raws, but would it really hurt that much to have some kind of reference point?

9. SilverEars
    I've seen some measurements with Harman overlay, but he doesn't do it all the time. The JVC iem he did and same for Stellia I believe. Yes, it would be nice to see such type of reference point. I also prefer the graph to be stretched a bit more vertically with the overlay, I don't like the illusion of looking flatter. I prefer the way Rtings measurements look, and also with looking less smoothed out as well.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Art Garfunkel and metal571 like this.
  10. Quickanddirty
    Alcophone, knopi, MarcIIB and 2 others like this.
  11. aminus
    Anyone know of any carrying cases that would work with the HEDDphone? Seems like that might be an issue.

jmills8 likes this.
  12. Chris Kaoss
    This should do the job, i think. ^^

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  13. Zachik
    For the weight and size - you might want to consider: :wink:

[​IMG]

marhol, Rhodesy88, AndrewH13 and 5 others like this.
  14. phthora
  15. joseph69
    For anyone interested in knowing where they stand as far as shipping, I contacted headphones.com to find out if I made the first launch of (20) units being I placed my order last night. I also inquired as to how many pin mini XLR connectors are on the headphone side of their cable
    (4-pin standard) being I'm making a balanced cable. My order was #29 so I'm not in the first batch. Below is the response from Andrew & Taron of headphones.com.

"We spoke to HEDD this morning and they confirmed that they will be shipping our 20 allotted units as soon as possible. They have committed to getting us tracking information by Thursday so we will know when to expect them to arrive at our warehouse in Washington. HEDD let us know the next shipment of HEDDphones should be shipping the week after the first 20."

First

Back
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
Next

Last