1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by bugstone, May 7, 2019.
First

Back
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Next

Last
  1. jmills8
    You going to use it in public ?

buonassi likes this.
  2. Beagle
    Perhaps they should come up with a Headphone Weight, similar concept to what baseball batters use on their bats in the on-deck circle. You could have a five pound headphone that you wear for about 2-3 minutes, then you take it off and put on a 700+gm headphone. In contrast, it feels like an HD600.

Zachik and buonassi like this.
  3. aminus
    Nah, just for bringing it to stores and meets.

jmills8 likes this.
  4. artpiggo
    Anyone tried this? any impression please.

5. jmills8
    Be cool wear around your neck while walking , chick magnet.

Zachik and buonassi like this.
  6. joseph69
    Just to clarify for those interested in making their own balanced cable.
    As I mentioned above, the HEDDphone uses standard mini 4-pin XLR connectors.
    The connector on the headphone is a male and the connector on the cable is a female.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    DecentLevi likes this.
  7. Bonddam
    Well they had too make something small.

8. DecentLevi
    I've heard on another source that the initial batch of 20 HEDDphones have been sold out, along with most of the reserve for a following batch of the same slain for the following week. These are exciting times in the world of hi-fi audio, and there is no doubt in my mind that even if the HEDDphone with its' first-ever VVT AMT transducer headphone technology doesn't please, it will still be ushering in of a new era in headphone audio reproduction.
    Happy-New-Year-2020.jpg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    AndrewH13 and Tekunda like this.
  9. jude Administrator
    There's no DF data specific to this measurement fixture.

Here's the HEDD Audio HEDDphone versus the Harman AE (Around Ear) / OE (On Ear) Target:

HEDD_HEDDphone_Measurements_Frequency_Response_PRELIMINARY_and_Harman_AE-OE_Target.jpg

The measurements in this post were made using:
    The Harman AE/OE Target plot data was provided courtesy of Sean Olive, Harman International, Northridge, CA, USA.

mtmercer, phthora, VandyMan and 9 others like this.
  10. metal571
    Thanks! Exactly what I think the thread was looking for.

Hifiearspeakers and buonassi like this.
  11. GREQ
    I still think a database of measurements is more useful, but it's certainly a start.

buonassi and metal571 like this.
  12. joseph69
    Yes, the initial batch of 20 have been sold out.

13. Rayzilla
    So only one week after, they will be shipping out another batch of 20 HEDDphones, is that they mean? And I would assume they would continue pumping them out at that rate until they have raised sufficient capital to increase capacity?

14. Beagle
    And if the initial reports from new owners are all positive, demand will increase rapidly. But I think HEDD have their plan together, not like the Verum 1 and Empyrean debacles.

Hifiearspeakers, Rayzilla and phthora like this.
  15. DarginMahkum
    As far as I know, their AMT tweeters are all hand made, as you see in this video, at 2:55. If it is also the case for Hp (meaning is considerably more time taking than any planar or -off the shelf- dynamic driver design), it is no wonder that production is slower.

Pale Rider, Rayzilla and Cat Music like this.
First

Back
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Next

Last