HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Jan 7, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #497 of 4,472
I rather like the LCD-4. But from your signature I would guess you like the Fostex sound. I have heard the HEDD is something like an Utopia with better bass extension. Which would be great for me. I recently sold my Utopia to fund another purchase and have been regretting it.

Jan 7, 2020 at 1:38 AM Post #498 of 4,472
I rather like the LCD-4. But from your signature I would guess you like the Fostex sound. I have heard the HEDD is something like an Utopia with better bass extension. Which would be great for me. I recently sold my Utopia to fund another purchase and have been regretting it.
Well , Im on the go 3 hrs a day so I use Fostex. At home been using Final Audio D8000 Pro.

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #500 of 4,472
The interesting thing about the AMT tweeter on my HEDD speakers is they are very revealing yet not harsh or causing fatigue. They are anyway professional studio tools that should be heard all day long, but still truly depict the complete recording. The Hp prototype I heard 3-4 months ago at the HEDD office had a very similar presentation.

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:20 AM Post #502 of 4,472
The good news is if you get one of these to go with your heddphones you can listen all night long without fatigue.

atlas-aco-iiu-universal-neck-brace.jpg

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:21 AM Post #503 of 4,472
1 foot is 30.48cm, and I somehow doubt these ship with less than 1 foot of cable.

FR reminds me somewhat of the SR-009. Slight low bass shelf below 60hz and upper mid rise that persists a bit too long, till after 5hkz. Distortion looks messy but overall distortion level is still quite low and I doubt any of it is audible. I wonder how much of that is 2d harmonic.

The headband extension issue though is something - if real - that they need to remedy asap for us coneheads.

I'm not gonna preorder, but I may very well pick one up if it turns out to be good. Well it's either that, or the MySphere, or the Raals, though who knows when, since between the HD650, Utopia, and various Stax I'm kinda content at the moment.

Mostly.

Jan 7, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #505 of 4,472
What is the pre-order price outside of Europe, which I assume are VAT-included prices?

Jan 7, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #506 of 4,472
It would be nice if you could post a comparison between the Final Audio D8000 Pro and the Heddphones.
I would like that.

Jan 7, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #508 of 4,472
I think everybody wants that, including me.

BTW saw the discussion earlier. The last LCD4 I weighed without the cable did come in almost exactly at 735g. That is the real weight and I weighed it myself on a digital shipping scale.
If the THD graphs are accurate, the LCD 4 might still have an edge. There's enough of a difference in the low bass to make a difference in sound (like 5X) but who knows. I kinda want the LCD 4 anyway.

HEDDphone will definitely still need EQ looking at that graph. Some people aren't willing to settle for "good enough" and will EQ.

Jan 7, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #509 of 4,472
The FR looks indeed like that of the Stax 009. I say it's good enough and quality checks can be handed over to subjective evaluations :).
Let's see if this will make it to be the first planar I would actually like (LCD4 and Susvara didn't make it) - yeah, I don't know what's wrong with me :).

Jan 7, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #510 of 4,472
The FR looks indeed like that of the Stax 009. I say it's good enough and quality checks can be handed over to subjective evaluations :).
Let's see if this will make it to be the first planar I would actually like (LCD4 and Susvara didn't make it) - yeah, I don't know what's wrong with me :).

But it is not planar... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back