Headphones that work with glasses
Nov 13, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #17 of 60
Quote:
just take the 6k slider down about 3db and that should do great.

I tried to do that on many headphones but it doesn't make much of a difference. Only way that it kinda works is if i do that to about -5 or more to 4k-16k. If i don't they still scratch my ears...

DT880 is not closed back so you may want to scratch that from your list (unless you changed your mind).
And they fit similar to DT770 if I remember right, otherwise the DT770 being slightly more comfortable to my ears.

Well yeah I've been thinking about the DT770 or A900x. Also i wanted some recommendation for open-back headphones because i already have a good closed-back pair (Senn HD380 Pro) but it doesn't work with glasses. Open-back have some advantage in movies and games and i usually do both. I might end up getting a pair of closed-backs anyway because i like complete isolation when i game or listen to music but i just wanted to see what open-back headphones suggestions you guys might have :). As i said I'm in no hurry.

Beyer T1 and T70 works well. 
ATH-ESW9 works well.
Sennheizers HD-25 is not that bad.
Grado = NO (for me at least)

Edit: Grados are open anyways

Umm i said that my budget is about 200$ and the Beyer T1 and T70 are over 500... ATH-ESW9 looks less comfy than A900X and i have a large head so i think i'm gonna go with the latter in case of purchase. Same with HD 25, but i MIGHT buy them in case i want something portable as well, but i'm mostly gonna be listening at home.

Anyway thank you for your comments! As i said before i'm in no hurry so if someone else has some more suggestions i am happy to hear them :).

Nov 13, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #18 of 60
Quote:
DT880 is not closed back so you may want to scratch that from your list (unless you changed your mind).
And they fit similar to DT770 if I remember right, otherwise the DT770 being slightly more comfortable to my ears.

He did say that if he were to get open back, what should he get, so, yeah.

Nov 13, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #19 of 60
Yeah... my bad I missed that part of the post.
>_<

On a side note, perhaps a pair of on-ear would work best with glasses as the potential loss of proper seal is not as important as on a full-sized one. This may vary with your personal experience though... I only pick up reading glasses when I need them (act as magnifying glasses when need precision work... or sometimes when reading).

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #20 of 60
Quote:
Yeah... my bad I missed that part of the post.
>_<

On a side note, perhaps a pair of on-ear would work best with glasses as the potential loss of proper seal is not as important as on a full-sized one. This may vary with your personal experience though... I only pick up reading glasses when I need them (act as magnifying glasses when need precision work... or sometimes when reading).

Well every on-ear pair of headphones that I wore made my ears hurt after half an hour or so(not that i've tried many models, just the ATH SJ33 and Senn PX-200). I think it's because i have a big head so the clamping power is a big bigger. But yeah they do work well with glasses. And are good for on-the-move too :p.
Also since i stay a lot on the computer because of college and gaming, i pretty much need to wear my glasses all the time. If i'd find a good on-ear pair that is comfortable then i would buy that.

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:46 AM Post #21 of 60
Hello,
Consider the V-Moda Crossfade M-80.
The sound quality is superb.
They are very comfortable.
They fit well over glasses (my brother, who owns these, wears glasses himself)
The noise isolation is great.
They're only $150!
Here's a link if you're interested: http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-On-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B005HSDLCO

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #22 of 60
I've made up my mind NOT to buy any on-ear pair for on-the-move. Call me paranoid (which i most probably am) but i wouldn't want them to be dropped or stolen. I'd prefer to use my headphones at home and use some IEM's or cheap on-ear for when i commute.

Back to the issue, which type of headphones might be better for my needs, open or closed? Can't really make up my mid because on one hand i like my headphones to be intimate, to not disturb those around me and not to be disturbed, but on the other hand i like the "airy" sound of open-back headphones and the soundstage. Why do you have to make decisions in this world?

I think someone should smack me in the head with a gold bar so i can get me some closed-back audeze. But perhaps I'd just wind up with a concussion in the process. With a hearing unbalance afterwards. Or loss of hearing... OH THE HORROR!!!!.

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #23 of 60
Well those Audeze closed back would most likely be upwards from the budget you listed xP

Though if just for home I'd prefer open or semi-open, despite the leakage issue. The air being moved with bass slam in closed headphones get me light headed with long use, but that might just be me and/or specific headphone models.

Nov 14, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #25 of 60
in general, I don't have any big issues with wearing glasses. I may have to make an adjustment or two, but I can get by. Ideally, everything feels much better without them. Other annoyances is the velour rubbing on the glasses frame makes noise. No sealing problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back