Headphones that work with glasses
Nov 11, 2012 at 8:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

Christo4

100+ Head-Fier
Greetings!

I know that this is my 129312987412398 thread, but i really need the community's help on this issue. Because i didn't wear my glasses when i was playing or watching movies on the computer my diopter has risen to -1 so i really need to wear glasses now.

I need a closed-back pair of headphones, maybe more neutral than bass-heavy since u can easily eq it to have bass. It also has to be comfortable enough so that you can use it with glasses. I think the Beyer fit the case but other than that i have no idea. Although i'd like to have more options.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. 

EDIT: Silly me forgot to say budget, about 200$.

Nov 11, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #4 of 60
Any input on the sound signatures of the Dt770, A900X and akg 271 mkII? My ears are kinda sensitive to high end sparkle (or whatever it's called, harsh treble, i dunno), I've returned a lot of headphones because of it.

Nov 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #5 of 60
Quote:
Any input on the sound signatures of the Dt770, A900X and akg 271 mkII? My ears are kinda sensitive to high end sparkle (or whatever it's called, harsh treble, i dunno), I've returned a lot of headphones because of it.

If you could say which headphones you've returned due to excessive sparkle, that'd be great.

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #10 of 60
Quote:
Heya,

Beyer DT770
Brainwavz HM5
Ultrasone PRO 750
AKG K271 MKII
AudioTechnica A900X

You can always EQ any unwanted bass away if you need to.

Very best,

I can vouch for the ATH-A900x by Audio Technica.  Since the headband is a hoop, it can really work well with glasses.  Also, there is not a high frequency sparkle (to my ears) with these headphones.  They are more neutral on the upper frequencies, yet quite pleasing to listen to for extended periods.

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #11 of 60
Quote:

I can vouch for the ATH-A900x by Audio Technica.  Since the headband is a hoop, it can really work well with glasses.  Also, there is not a high frequency sparkle (to my ears) with these headphones.  They are more neutral on the upper frequencies, yet quite pleasing to listen to for extended periods.

Thank you for your input. I think i might get them or the DT770. Not really sure which but I'm in no hurry.

Also i have a few more questions. 
First, are all open-headphones good with glasses? IMO i think they are since they don't clamp hard but i just want to be sure.
And second, if i were to choose a pair of open-back headphones, which headphones should i look at?(please don't recommend ath-ad series, they don't have any bass at all).

Nov 12, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #12 of 60
Used BeyerDynamic dt880, they may be too bright for you, but damn comfy. As Malveaux said, EQ is a hell of a pain reliever.

Nov 13, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #15 of 60
DT880 is not closed back so you may want to scratch that from your list (unless you changed your mind).
And they fit similar to DT770 if I remember right, otherwise the DT770 being slightly more comfortable to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back