Headphones 80$ Music/gaming
Sep 17, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:
How about the Superlux HD662's? Like the 668b but closed. There are three variants

The 662 (red) has deep rich bass
The 662b (grey) is more balanced with lively sound
The 662f (white) has best clarity with a natural sound

So I think the 662f is closest to the 668b with nicer more detailed bass due to the closed design, mids are a bit less recessed, and the isolation is better. For a closed phone they have a really airy open feel to them.

I can't find those on amazon which is where I planned to buy them. I'm a bit weary on buying them on ebay. What would you say about 662f vs HPT990?
Quote:
Both headphone build quality is about as good as it can get for $50.
HPT990 come stock with Velour ear pads, wins at comfort.
Sound quality is roughly equal.
Both are semi-open headphones.

Well that solves that now that the superlux's are added I need to compare them, but the HPT990 seems to be what I'm looking for, and cheaper on what I was planning to buy. Only thing is I can't find many reviews on them.

Sep 17, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:
I can't find those on amazon which is where I planned to buy them. I'm a bit weary on buying them on ebay. What would you say about 662f vs HPT990?

Well that solves that now that the superlux's are added I need to compare them, but the HPT990 seems to be what I'm looking for, and cheaper on what I was planning to buy. Only thing is I can't find many reviews on them.

They were first sold under the name Takstar Hi2050 and they are made in China and guessing that is were they have the bulk of their sales.
As they kind of look like clones of the Beyerdynamic DT880, normal North American distributers may have chosen not to carry them
Head-fi has a thread of two on Takstar
http://www.head-fi.org/t/585356/takstar-beyer-oem

Sep 17, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #18 of 26
Quote:
They were first sold under the name Takstar Hi2050 and they are made in China and guessing that is were they have the bulk of their sales.
As they kind of look like clones of the Beyerdynamic DT880, normal North American distributers may have chosen not to carry them
Head-fi has a thread of two on Takstar
http://www.head-fi.org/t/585356/takstar-beyer-oem

I guess I'm going to go with the HPT900's one question though not that it really matters, but how do these compare to logitech g930 and creative fatality headset: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158082
which is what I had before.

I just want to know how much of difference I will notice regarding sound quality.

Sep 17, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:
I guess I'm going to go with the HPT900's one question though not that it really matters, but how do these compare to Logitech g930 and creative fatality headset: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158082
which is what I had before.

I just want to know how much of difference I will notice regarding sound quality.

I've not used "gaming" headphones, so my guess is the HPT990's over all sound quality should be better then any $50 gaming headset.
My Hi2050 (HPT990) give my $130 AKG K242's a run for the money.

Sep 17, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

You can get them at Thomanne for $56 shipped to US. http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.html?xsid=14910f80609730a2f0f54c0a321a471b&sw=Superlux+HD662&x=0&y=0 along with almost every Superlux phone.
Versus the 990 I would say they are pretty much equal. Go for the Superlux if you want a bit more bass and isolation. The 990 if you want a bit bigger of a soundstage. 

I would personally go for the Superlux 

Sep 17, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:
You can get them at Thomanne for $56 shipped to US. http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.html?xsid=14910f80609730a2f0f54c0a321a471b&sw=Superlux+HD662&x=0&y=0 along with almost every Superlux phone.
Versus the 990 I would say they are pretty much equal. Go for the Superlux if you want a bit more bass and isolation. The 990 if you want a bit bigger of a soundstage. 

I would personally go for the Superlux 

I'm still a bit new to the lingo, but what exactly does "bigger soundstage" mean? Searching it up right now, but I always like to hear members responses.

Sep 17, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:
I'm still a bit new to the lingo, but what exactly does "bigger soundstage" mean? Searching it up right now, but I always like to hear members responses.

A small soundstage would be like listening to music in a small concert hall. A large one would be like a big stadium. 

They all have a different sort of effect too. For example the 662f has a 'front row' feel.

Sep 17, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #24 of 26
Quote:
A small soundstage would be like listening to music in a small concert hall. A large one would be like a big stadium. 

They all have a different sort of effect too. For example the 662f has a 'front row' feel.

Ok if the 662f have a front row feel to them that would mean they have a big or small soundstage? Since front row meaning like a concert which can be large stadium. Sorry I'm still a bit confused on the meaning. What would you describe the soundstage on the 990?

Sep 17, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:
Ok if the 662f have a front row feel to them that would mean they have a big or small soundstage? Since front row meaning like a concert which can be large stadium. Sorry I'm still a bit confused on the meaning. What would you describe the soundstage on the 990?

I confused you, My fault! The 'feel' I was talking about doesn't have to do with the soundstage. It's just like the 'feel' of the sound. Front row is natural sounding for example. Sorry I am tired and messing up my words.

The 662f has a smaller soundstage then the DT990 but its not super small either. It's medium -small and the DT990 would be medium-large

I can't describe the DT990's sound since I never heard it. Just from reading.

I'm going to bed now so I will post here more tomorrow, you can pm me and i'll try to respond in the morning too 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 17, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #26 of 26
Quote:
I confused you, My fault! The 'feel' I was talking about doesn't have to do with the soundstage. It's just like the 'feel' of the sound. Front row is natural sounding for example. Sorry I am tired and messing up my words.

The 662f has a smaller soundstage then the DT990 but its not super small either. It's medium -small and the DT990 would be medium-large

I can't describe the DT990's sound since I never heard it. Just from reading.

I'm going to bed now so I will post here more tomorrow, you can pm me and i'll try to respond in the morning too 
smily_headphones1.gif

Alright thank you again I'll look more into the superlux, and I'll pm you if I have any questions about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back