Headphone Sightings 2
Aug 5, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #9,301 of 12,415
There is a guy at my gym who lifts while wearing a haggard pair of HD 280's. Most of the people their wear crap headphones, including myself. Headphones take a real beating at the gym. Cord tugs, gallons of sweat and being to pumped to be gentle with them.

I am proud of this guy for wearing an above average HPs knowing for certain that an epic sweat puddle that is acumlating in those big close cans. 

That being said there are two guys in there that wear Beats Solo's and Studio's. I am not sure why someone would wear a full sized or even any quality/expensive headphone to work out in. I usually work out so hard that I am sweating head to toe, I get a earphone yanked out almost every visit. I have had my poor little shuffle stepped on, tossed, squished and bent by gym equipment. It has even been through the wash a couple times and it is rock solid still. 

I see people using iPhones 
size]
 I feel bad for my $45 nano, I can't imagine bringing a $400 phone to work out with. WHAT WRONG WITH YOU "I want to yell" but I don't, I just go back to ripping up whatever muscle group I am feeling displeased with on that day.

I am debating if I dare risk bring something nice to listen too but then I remember how rough I am. 

/rant

Aug 5, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #9,303 of 12,415
The other day I was in line at Walmart and the guy in front of me was listening to his (closed, over-ear) Beats so loudly that I could hear the music quite clearly.

He was just making sure that everyone else could hear the music as the artist intended as well. Sharing is caring!

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #9,307 of 12,415
wow. That's alot of things!

HD203's on a cameraman at a huge veterans dinner
KRK's on our sound console
7506's on the console previous to being swapped out for the KRK's
UM1's on the drummer
MC5's on one of the keys players
Se215's on the bassist (with custom tips)
Se425's on one of the guitarists
MDR v6 as backups for broadcast PFL

That should explain it! Haha

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #9,308 of 12,415
Not a (notable) headphone sighting, per se, but I heard someone showing off the virtual barber to someone else on the train this morning and thought to myself, that's a weird thing for someone outside of head-fi to know about...

Aug 7, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #9,310 of 12,415
Quote:
Not a (notable) headphone sighting, per se, but I heard someone showing off the virtual barber to someone else on the train this morning and thought to myself, that's a weird thing for someone outside of head-fi to know about...

For those who don't know what they're talking about, it's the track "Edgar The Barber" from "Dr. Chesky's Sensational, Fantastic, and Simply Amazing Binaural Sound Show".

Aug 7, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #9,312 of 12,415
Quote:

For those who don't know what they're talking about, it's the track "Edgar The Barber" from "Dr. Chesky's Sensational, Fantastic, and Simply Amazing Binaural Sound Show".

I didn't know the original source, so thanks for that. Never really thought too much about it, since it is, well, a bit of a novelty...

Quote:

Maybe it was a Head-Fier!

Dude said his son showed it to him, so maybe a head-fier in the family at least :p

Aug 7, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #9,313 of 12,415
Quote:
Saw a girl yesterday with a Monster Deisel, and another with some Sennheiser headphones that looked something like an HD202.

Those Vektr headphones are the only ones I could actually like from Monster. Inspiration (Passive edition one) was not that bad but Vektr sounded good. Maybe we just think anything from Monster is bad and when they do something a bit good, it surprises us.

However I still think they are a bit overpriced. Still for most casual customers they are the answers.

Aug 7, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #9,314 of 12,415
A lot of headphones sighted all at the same time.. At least those I recognized. Nothing out of the ordinary though. White Beats Solo, Orange Coloud Pop, Purple Philips SHE3590, Red Beats Tour. Might have sighted a black Sony MDR-something as well. Big round cups with the Sony brand in small-ish print, with the headband splitting to a flat Y-style.

Aug 7, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #9,315 of 12,415
Those Vektr headphones are the only ones I could actually like from Monster. Inspiration (Passive edition one) was not that bad but Vektr sounded good. Maybe we just think anything from Monster is bad and when they do something a bit good, it surprises us.

However I still think they are a bit overpriced. Still for most casual customers they are the answers.

Beats ruined Monster's name. I think of Monster as very competent engineers who overprice their products. Yes Beats sounded bad but they (Monster) were just doing whatever they were told to do. Now that Beats and Monster split, they are making a very diverse-sounding range of headphones that sound like whatever the endorsing artist wants, and that's pretty impressive regardless of whether you like how each of them sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back