Headphone Sightings 2
Jul 31, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #9,272 of 12,415
Quote:
I found a pair of Sony XB-500s on a biker's head earlier. I know it ain't much, but still...

I am biking quite a lot too but I found it extremely dangerous. I mean not good for headphones but let's forget about the headphones, I think being not aware of the traffic and people around you while biking is not a good idea.

When I was a kid I had a very bad traffic accident and had several operations regarding to it to fix my right leg, probably these bad memories have an influence on my way of thinking right now.

Still I wouldn't risk sweating to headphones either.

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #9,273 of 12,415
Quote:
I am biking quite a lot too but I found it extremely dangerous. I mean not good for headphones but let's forget about the headphones, I think being not aware of the traffic and people around you while biking is not a good idea.

When I was a kid I had a very bad traffic accident and had several operations regarding to it to fix my right leg, probably these bad memories have an influence on my way of thinking right now.

Lol, the guy was biking only slightly faster that I was walking. Plus, it wasn't on a road. Still, I wouldn't dare bike with headphones or earphones at all, unless it has an inline mic (use it with "Awareness!"). I'd use earbuds, but really, who would even use earbuds? There are also bone conduction headphones which are also quite cool.

As for sweating to headphones...I don't know what would happen if the pad material was not leather or anything near. If the pads aren't removable, then...
I guess that's why most* gym rats use in-ear headphones.

*I spotted a couple of runners using the Studio and the Solo, on treadmills.

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #9,274 of 12,415
A Bose QC15 on a girl walking on the sidewalk. I hope she doesn't get hurt..

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #9,275 of 12,415
Quote:

these days i walk around heavy traffic as a pedestrian with headphones on to and from work and i found it to be quite dangerous since i can barely hear my surroundings at the volume i listen to. Few days ago i was crossing the street but almost got hit by a car cause i was looking at something while walking and the car ran a red light.

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #9,276 of 12,415
Saw a guy walking with a pair of Grados with wooden cups. Not sure why he was using them on a noisy road though... Still, it was pretty cool. I did see some people in my school with Sennheisers and of course, Beats and Bose. 

Aug 1, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #9,279 of 12,415
I was once hit by a car in front of a school while wearing my portable Stax Lambda SR-303/SRD-X Professional rig. It was entirely not my fault because I had the right of way, but still...

Aug 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #9,281 of 12,415
With eight C batteries, it is indeed portable.

And why wouldn't you want to be seen in public with them? It's not only a testament to how knowledgeable you are about your hobby, but a conversation piece and starter. Want to listen to headphones made in 1993 that will blow away anything you've ever heard...? Yeah, even those Beats you've got there...

The kind of people who would think less of you because you look odd or weird wearing them, I don't believe are worthy of my attention anyways for making such shallow, surface judgements.

Aug 1, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #9,282 of 12,415
Quote:
With eight C batteries, it is indeed portable.

And why wouldn't you want to be seen in public with them? It's not only a testament to how knowledgeable you are about your hobby, but a conversation piece and starter. Want to listen to headphones made in 1993 that will blow away anything you've ever heard...? Yeah, even those Beats you've got there...

The kind of people who would think less of you because you look odd or weird wearing them, I don't believe are worthy of my attention anyways for making such shallow, surface judgements.

Lol. Eight C batteries are already heavy enough for me. Anyways, aren't you afraid that you are going to break your staxs? I would cry if I did.

Aug 1, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #9,285 of 12,415
Quote:
I was once hit by a car in front of a school while wearing my portable Stax Lambda SR-303/SRD-X Professional rig. It was entirely not my fault because I had the right of way, but still...

hopfully not at full speed.... I remember i got hit by a car when i was walking to highschool but that was as the car was almost stopping. Still knocked me over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back