Headphone Sightings 2
May 12, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #8,881 of 12,415
Quote:
Agree. In here it is like second after the Beats. I see many many Bose headphones mostly the active noise cancellation ones and sometimes on ear and around the ear passive isolation models. I demoed them once, around the ear model is daaaaaarn comfy. I can't talk about the same success for the sound though.

I agree Bose NC sets are really comfy. They cancel a lot of sound as well.

Here the most common headphone is easily the Sony ZX300, with some ZX600 and Beats. The occasional Sennheiser as well.

May 12, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #8,884 of 12,415
Quote:
People actually buy audio gear from that place? 
eek.gif

I'm quoting you not because your post is of any relevance, but a friend of mine had the headphones 'wot are in your profile picture' well, sennheiser hd280pro

May 12, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #8,885 of 12,415
Quote:
What makes them comfortable is all the components are lightweight plastic.
While they're comfortable, they feel rather flimsy.

Yeah, I actually find comfort and build kinda of like price/ performance. It needs to have comfort that is relative to its build quality. I think the comfort on the HE-5LE (modded headband) is great its not like my K340's for sure, but its built like a frickin' tank so I can't complain.

May 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #8,886 of 12,415
Quote:
Quote:
Saw a Bose QC15 on a teenager at least it wasn't a Beat.

Agree. In here it is like second after the Beats. I see many many Bose headphones mostly the active noise cancellation ones and sometimes on ear and around the ear passive isolation models. I demoed them once, around the ear model is daaaaaarn comfy. I can't talk about the same success for the sound though.

The sound isn't as bad as I thought it would be; I went to a local Bose store and tried it with my own gear expecting the QC15 to sound like absolute garbage as people here describe it as. Looking at the Innerfidelity charts, they're pretty decent too.

May 12, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #8,887 of 12,415
I didn't think they were too bad either. I think they have awful soundstage, but other than that, they are pretty substantial. They aren't $299 good, but they are certainly nothing to totally ignore

May 12, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #8,889 of 12,415
I didn't think they were too bad either. I think they have awful soundstage, but other than that, they are pretty substantial. They aren't $299 good, but they are certainly nothing to totally ignore

I definitely agree. You can get much better value but for the average consumer who wants a rand name, they might not care as much.

May 13, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #8,890 of 12,415
Quote:
The sound isn't as bad as I thought it would be; I went to a local Bose store and tried it with my own gear expecting the QC15 to sound like absolute garbage as people here describe it as. Looking at the Innerfidelity charts, they're pretty decent too.

My main issue when I demo'd these was the noise canceling.  The sound seemed to get canceled with everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back