Headphone Sightings 2
May 10, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #8,866 of 12,415
Yeah, I agree the xb500s can convert many to the "light-side". The pity was for the beats owners who realized they wasted all that money on a necklace.
The Sony XB500 is one of those things where it's just way too much of a good thing. I'd argue that it's an excellent covert tool to convert audio newbies budget bass-heads, because at some point you just get tired of the ridiculous bass and start looking at other things. I know that's what happened to me, and I have yet to see anyone even remotely interested in music to end their upgrade path with it.

May 11, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #8,871 of 12,415
Sightings here in the philippines:frowning2:particularly in metro manila)
A lot of Apple Earbuds
A lot of Beats tours(a lot of fakes,doesn't matter if some use orignals, they're still beats)
A lot of earphones/headphones from CD-R King
A lot of Nokia bh-503 bluetooth wireless headset
Stock earbuds(plasticky ones with very long stems)
Some Apple Earpods

I rarely see people using proper headphones/earphones here.

May 11, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #8,872 of 12,415
In mexico (Guadalajara) zx100 are the most popular here
Everything else I've seen is in the same price range. Never seen a pair of beats.

My friend DJs and wears Pioneer HDJ1000s. Ive seen a few 100$ looking headphones a couple of times but really rare

May 11, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #8,873 of 12,415
Quote:
A lot of earphones/headphones from CD-R King

People actually buy audio gear from that place? 
eek.gif

May 11, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #8,875 of 12,415
At university I saw the occasional sennheiser, and a few other decent headphones. 
Probably because headphones are so bloody expensive here.
Wish I could remember more specifics but its been a while since I've been to uni.
There was the usual beats of course, but not too many.
I certainly didn't see anyone one with better IEM's than mine either. (IE8's)

May 12, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #8,877 of 12,415
At university I saw the occasional sennheiser, and a few other decent headphones. 

Probably because headphones are so bloody expensive here.
Wish I could remember more specifics but its been a while since I've been to uni.
There was the usual beats of course, but not too many.
I certainly didn't see anyone one with better IEM's than mine either. (IE8's)

I don't know how you guys can distinguish an IEM that someone has without being creepy. Is this an acquired head-fi skill? O_O

May 12, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #8,880 of 12,415
Quote:
Saw a Bose QC15 on a teenager at least it wasn't a Beat.

Agree. In here it is like second after the Beats. I see many many Bose headphones mostly the active noise cancellation ones and sometimes on ear and around the ear passive isolation models. I demoed them once, around the ear model is daaaaaarn comfy. I can't talk about the same success for the sound though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back