Headphone Sightings 2
May 14, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #8,913 of 12,415
I was doing an experiment at my school today and the had headphones to listen to sounds and i was surprised to see grados sr80i xD

Dude. You go to a rich school.

May 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #8,923 of 12,415

Quote:

Not only the XB, the XBA as well. I think there is actually a thread in Head-Fi discussing this and they were able to find the answer haha. 

Perhaps it means Xtra Bass Armature?

Or perhaps Sony doesn't even know where it came from, like the MDR models. XD

Actually they do know what XBA stands for, it was Experience Balanced Armature I think. Now the MDR are another story. I couldn't find the post where someone actually found the meaning. It comes from the very early sony models. The first headphones were named DR-X and it meant "Digital Reference". I guess they just decided to stick to that Digital Reference and add the M for something else...maybe music or mobile. But then someone sent Sony a letter and they told him the DR in MDR stands for Dynamic Receiver...so who the hell knows?! haha

May 15, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #8,925 of 12,415
Quote:
Okay so I'm sure you've all seen those stupid quotes people put on their facebook pages right? Well:

Thats what I just wrote on another forum, not exactly whats written in the picture,but this is what I wrote on Gamespot, Off-Topic forum:
"Anyways, to the TC, I couldn't care less about what people think of me. Yes, I do care, but I do things to take myself off of those melancholy subjects. One reason I listen to music so much. I never think of my feelings, ever. As then I am sorrowful.."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back