Headphone Sightings 2
Apr 15, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #6,616 of 12,415

Quote:
Leicas are like a work of art these days, old typewritters struggling in the world of ipads. 

That's well put, and perhaps one reason I like them. Luckily I already have a bunch of vintage M-mount glass. I just need a FF digital rangefinder to mount them on that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. 

In the meantime, film will do for the purposes I use the M's for. 

I end up using film for some of my business shooting too, only because there are few systems to match what I can do with 4x5 and 8x10 large format negs at ANY budget, never mind one my clients can support. 

Nice portable rig, btw. I end up spending most of my audio money on my office set up, not portable since the Chicago trains are well nigh unstoppably noisy. 

Apr 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #6,617 of 12,415
*cough cough* head-fi *cough cough*
Anyway, I've seen a few M50s around my school (I think at least 2 different people), 1 pair of grados (sr80i I believe), as well as a pair of shure srh440 and a pair of ultrasones (didn't see the model).
I also saw these weird headphones that looked like they were wrapped by a thin strip of white leather, all around the cups and headband. I didn't see a brand on them and I didn't get a chance to ask the girl what they were. I'm almost certain they were headphones because they had a wire running out of 1 cup.

Apr 15, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #6,618 of 12,415

Quote:
We got a very good deal during a trade-in program, comparing with (well not pro lvl stuff) but with Nikon D300 and stuff its amazing, but the battery dies somewhat fast, and I guess availability of lenses is something big too, maybe its a cool second camera even for pro's but it is very-very expensive, yet very-very small can't really drag around a D3X or something around all the time. Leicas are like a work of art these days, old typewritters struggling in the world of ipads. 

i thought leicas were rebadged panasonics o.O

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #6,619 of 12,415
Might be those new philips headphones? The "downtown" I believe

Quote:
Anyway, I've seen a few M50s around my school (I think at least 2 different people), 1 pair of grados (sr80i I believe), as well as a pair of shure srh440 and a pair of ultrasones (didn't see the model).
I also saw these weird headphones that looked like they were wrapped by a thin strip of white leather, all around the cups and headband. I didn't see a brand on them and I didn't get a chance to ask the girl what they were. I'm almost certain they were headphones because they had a wire running out of 1 cup.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Apr 16, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #6,620 of 12,415
Might be those new philips headphones? The "downtown" I believe

Quote:

Nop. They didn't look branded and the ones I saw had a weird cup shape and looked like one thin strip of leather (about 1cm wide) was wrapped around the entire thing.

Apr 16, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #6,621 of 12,415
Apr 18, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #6,625 of 12,415
I saw a person with shure 315's at school. I quickly befriended him :).

Apr 18, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #6,626 of 12,415
So I've been too weirded out lately not to post my sightings.

I'm on a college campus, where the only headphones I EVER see are the stock iPod earbuds, Skullcandies, and Beats. Gag me.

However, just yesterday, I literally saw three seperate people walking around the XB500's. I was like 'woah, when did people start doing research around here?'

Apr 18, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #6,628 of 12,415
Are PortaPros really that good? I mean back in the day they where selling all around in Russia, was like the most popular "trendy" headphone, was worth around 25 dollars, now amazon shows em for like 40... could they have been fake?

Apr 18, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #6,629 of 12,415
The other day I saw someone wearing the red Shure 535s at the airport, I wonder if he noticed me wearing my Edition 8s. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #6,630 of 12,415
Some bloke with IE8's on the green line today. At least, I think, since it had a Sennheiser jack and fit the shape of one.
That aside, the T's recent service cuts are ridiculous. There's less trains inbound on a weekday than weekends last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back