Headphone Sightings 2
Apr 20, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #6,647 of 12,415
HD280 in my neighborhood
white Wesc Maraca and grey Urbanears plattan on the train
Portapro (on a jogger!) and MDR-7506 by the ballpark
two Bose in-ears... maybe three
three Bose on-ears... QuietComforts? i don't know the models. The cups are silver and fancy looking.
one Monster IEM with a red cable and the diamond-shaped ControlTalk module... other than that, no Beats!

Apr 20, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #6,648 of 12,415
All I've seen are beats, whatever the cheaper over ear ones are :mad: and my friend (fellow head-fi'er) has a pair of krks... That's it :frowning2:

Apr 21, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #6,649 of 12,415
This is probably for another thread, but I don't have any real problem with beats other than the price/performance ratio. If their look gets people to buy better headphones than they otherwise would...I guess thats good. The kind of people who buy headphones for looks are never going to be the same people who research as thoroughly as most of us, but if they're getting better sound, even if they overpay for it, I think that's cool.  Most of these peeps would otherwise be using apple earbuds.  

Apr 21, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #6,650 of 12,415
This is probably for another thread, but I don't have any real problem with beats other than the price/performance ratio. If their look gets people to buy better headphones than they otherwise would...I guess thats good. The kind of people who buy headphones for looks are never going to be the same people who research as thoroughly as most of us, but if they're getting better sound, even if they overpay for it, I think that's cool.  Most of these peeps would otherwise be using apple earbuds.  

Are they really getting a better sound? My generic free ibm earbuds were better than beats tours.

Apr 21, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #6,651 of 12,415

Quote:
For the past couple days I've been seeing a few guys at my college wearing their Beats on their head like this:

Words fail to describe how stupid they look.

Because wearing them around your neck is FAR to low profile, they have to let everyone know they spent a lot of money on there headphones and they really care about audio quality and basses with a lot of crisp trebles.

Apr 23, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #6,652 of 12,415
because i bought my Porta Pros(WHICH I LOVE SO MUCH!) at FYE(for your entertainment) store at my mall. (lynnhaven- in Virginia Beach, VA)

of all the trashy selection of overrated skullcandies, beats, and the new Ludacris Souls. and the occasional amount of decent sony cans.
i came to see they updated their inventory... they are now holding up Sennheiser HD419's, and i came to see... 1 last pair of Koss Portapro's! which i happily bought 2 days after!

i dont want to make the smug assumption. but i may be the only one Wearing Porta Pro's from around where i live...
so if you see me, a philippino teen wearing or carrying some Porta Pros. shoot me a "Sorry For Your Wallet"!

Apr 23, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #6,653 of 12,415
a few weeks ago, having a Hotel Party with my family. and we came to have a nice 4seat Family-Bike ride through 5th street to 31st street (at the beach)

i came riding along to see a local Evening Jazz Saxophone Player who prepared his Sax, and pulled out some Headphones...
he was wearing a pair of Sennheiser HD203's. (which i mistakenly called HD202's...)

so i said out "Those are Sennheiser HD 202's(they were HD203's), Those Are some good headphones"
and he responded: "Thanks mann!"

i was amazed to see, because thats the only Sennheiser i've seen someone wearing instead of someone wearing some Beats, or some Skullcandies, or some ibuds/ Earphones.

i hope i get seen wearing my Porta Pros!

Apr 23, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #6,654 of 12,415

Quote:
For the past couple days I've been seeing a few guys at my college wearing their Beats on their head like this:

Words fail to describe how stupid they look.

I've seen idiots on campus wear it that way EXCEPT it faces forward...words cannot describe how stupid they look =/

Apr 23, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #6,655 of 12,415
I went to Germany and The Czech Republic a few weeks ago. I only saw a single pair of beats! One pair of ATH-A900, lots of AKG 518 and porta-pros. One pair of HD 555 on the subway which I thought was odd because they are open, and a Museum in berlin had HD-25s for all of the portable tours!

Apr 24, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #6,656 of 12,415

Quote:
All I've seen are beats, whatever the cheaper over ear ones are
mad.gif
and my friend (fellow head-fi'er) has a pair of krks... That's it
frown.gif

You have my sympathy my friend.  I see little more than that due to some head-fi family members but not much.

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #6,658 of 12,415
For the last few days, I've seen half a dozen Beats Solos, a few Studios and a with a pair of Beats Pros. Half of them were wearing it on their neck. They were alone. Yup.

Today, I saw someone with a pair of PRO700MK2s. Shame I wasn't using one as well.. it would look cool. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back