Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 8, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #6,076 of 12,415
The crack wasn't your fault.  It is a commonly known fault in the design.  It happens to just about any Sennheiser 5XX series headphone.

Quote:
I've dropped my HD 555's several times (and by several... I mean multiple tens of times) on both hard, wooden floors and hard plastic floors. The most damage done? A crack. A half inch crack on the side. Wow a crack? Shoddy build quality, eh Sennheiser? Well.... these headphones are about 3-4 years old, and after constant accidents and abuse... I'd say that's some pretty good build quality. 

Jan 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #6,077 of 12,415
Quote:
My best buy/futureshop sells akg. But generic akg k518le for the most part. They are $99.

Dang, that's not fair. I really want to try the AKG K518/K518LE. XS I hear from InnerFidelity that they are much better than the Q460.
Surprisingly, Best Buy has a LOT of good headphones on their website. I guess it's too much of a risk for them to stock high-end headphones in-store.
confused_face%281%29.gif

Quote:
I'm wondering which Sennheiser's his dad had gotten, because I don't really know many models that can break as easily as he describes them to.

He probably had something like the PX 360, which has a surprisingly flimsy cable. Or maybe some other low-end Sennheiser. Ah, you can't base a company's quality on their low-end headphones.

I was in Starbucks when I spotted an Asian woman listening to some sort of earphones, and the lighting caused the wire to appear green. I was intrigued, but immediately disappointed to see that the cable was actually white. She was using ibuds with a laptop o.O.

Jan 8, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #6,078 of 12,415
Yesterday, I was in the Hong Kong MTR (subway) and saw 4 TF10, A pair of Senn HD25-1 ii, Beyer DT 1350 and some custom IEM... all in one day 
eek.gif
. Usually you just see a bunch of iBuds and TF10.

Jan 8, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #6,079 of 12,415
^At least you see a bunch of TF10s. I see iBuds, Skullcrapy, Beats, various buds that came with phones, a cheaper closed Sony can. That's about it. The only good thing I see is on my head or in my ears when I spot a mirror. 

Jan 8, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #6,080 of 12,415
I keep seeing this guy with cheap, plasticky B&W P5 things. I have no idea what they are.

And to throw in a bonus, there's another guy who got [COLOR=D4A017]GOLD[/COLOR] headphones for Christmas. I can't even wrap my head around how teeny-bopper these things look. I don't know the model or brand of them, because I didn't get a good look, but they are ridiculous. This "gold" looks like gold tin foil.

Jan 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #6,081 of 12,415
I keep seeing this guy with cheap, plasticky B&W P5 things. I have no idea what they are.
And to throw in a bonus, there's another guy who got [COLOR=D4A017]GOLD[/COLOR] headphones for Christmas. I can't even wrap my head around how teeny-bopper these things look. I don't know the model or brand of them, because I didn't get a good look, but they are ridiculous. This "gold" looks like gold tin foil.

Some guy in my class has those plastic P5 looking headphone, could have sworn they were sony but i couldn't find them on the sony site.
The gold ones are probably skullcandy hesh. Supremely ugly.

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #6,082 of 12,415

Quote:
And to throw in a bonus, there's another guy who got GOLD headphones for Christmas. I can't even wrap my head around how teeny-bopper these things look. I don't know the model or brand of them, because I didn't get a good look, but they are ridiculous. This "gold" looks like gold tin foil.

Wait, actual P5s or something that looks like them? The P5s are very nice portables IMO

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #6,083 of 12,415
Akg k518le at work today. Probably got the futureshop $69.99 boxing week sale.

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #6,087 of 12,415
I was wearin' my modded sr80i's and some guy came up to me and asked how much I spent on them. I said $100, he told me that I wasted my money and proceeded to tell my all about this brand, 'Beats' and how they were such good headphones. After he listened to mine, he walked away without saying another word. It was a good day

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #6,088 of 12,415
Saw a guy with sony mdr v7506. I spoke with him. Turns out he doesn't know anything about audio and usually uses ibuds. He said he hears no difference. I let him try my m50s he said he failed to hear a difference.

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #6,089 of 12,415
Saw a guy with Dt1350's, and on another note my friend bought a pair of Shure's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back